Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  54
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help! Truck wont start after EGR and throttle valve deletes.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Angry Please help! Truck wont start after EGR and throttle valve deletes.

I installed the MM3 tuner with Anarchy tunes and a 4" straight pipe exhaust about 1 month ago. And everything has been great for that month. Recently I decided to totally delete the EGR cooler and the throttle valve and now my truck won't start. It turns over but wont fire up.

In an attempt to diagnose the problem I returned the truck back to the stock tune file. It will start and run on the stock file but when I reload the Anarchy tune file it will not start.

I have double and triple checked my the MAP sensor and it's plugged in. Anarchy has sent me a new tune but I'm still having the same problem and they are saying it's not the tune, something else is wrong.

I really think it's a problem with the Anarchy tune since it will run on the stock file but not the Anarchy tune.

Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Please help! Truck wont start after EGR and throttle valve deletes.

Sounds like it’s a bad tune to me. Hope you can get it fixed. I’m sure someone on here may have an answer for you. Keep us posted.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thank you. I'm quickly becoming desperate! I don't know if I should take it to a mechanic or just buy tunes from @Double R Diesel.

I need my truck.

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BKinky View Post
    Thank you. I'm quickly becoming desperate! I don't know if I should take it to a mechanic or just buy tunes from @
    Double R Diesel. I need my truck.
    DRD is the best in my opinion. Best tuning, best customer service and stands behind his work! You can’t go wrong with Ray!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

8. Likes Bud2723, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Any codes or CEL? Check for soft codes. Voltage okay after trying to crank and not starting?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I would try putting the throttle valve and/or egr actuator back under the hood and plug them in. If one of them lets the truck start, zip tie it out of the way until the tuning issue is resolved.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

1st problem I see is anarchy tunes, .I have them on my 09. They are crap, .I'd be very surprised if they help you without wanting to charge you extra

14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

The MM3 is showing this code P0646 low voltage detected at the clutch relay. And the truck just has the yellow check engine light on. But I'm not sure what a soft code is. The check engine light doesn't go away it just flashes 10 times and stays on. I've had a battery charger on the batteries to keep the voltage up.

15. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I hope they don't try to charge me. I just bought the tuner about a month ago.

17. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I tried that too. I plugged everything back in and still no satisfaction. I'm thinking it's gotta be some kind if sensor telling it not to start. But not sure if it's in the tune or the truck. I'm leaning to the tune because the truck will start on the stock tune.

19. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast