Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disable Ram Active Air?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Disable Ram Active Air?

Link to the Airaid Jr. kit.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Airaid/028/301-786/10002/-1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 74Beeper View Post
    Link to the Airaid Jr. kit.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Airaid/028/301-786/10002/-1

Thank you much sir!

2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Laramie Cummins, G56, Rough Country Leveling, MM3 EGRless Tuned by Double R Diesel

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Likes cumminsbadgirl, 74Beeper, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I didn’t do a decibel measurement but you can definitely hear it where before is was silent. I bought it off Jegs. Just do a little searching for your model year and it’ll come up.

Did you have the baffle removed prior to doing the Airaid setup or went straight from stock to this kit? Removing the baffle will net some turbo sound. So, just curious if that is where the sound gain came from in your setup.

2017 Ram 2500 Laramie, Taken care of by DRD, Carli Leveling Kit, RBP 94r 20x9 Wheels, and 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

1997 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie, too many to list...

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerJohn104 View Post
    Did you have the baffle removed prior to doing the Airaid setup or went straight from stock to this kit? Removing the baffle will net some turbo sound. So, just curious if that is where the sound gain came from in your setup.

I did not remove the baffle first. Yes removing the foam and baffle will give you more sound but I didn’t do this for sound. I did it for the flow. That stock tube has so many corners and obstacles creating turbulence that it’s a flow killer.

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

7. Thanks FarmerJohn104 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

The research I’ve done says it’s hard to beat the factory Ram Active Air set up. All I did with my 2017 was added an Airaid dry drop in and their smooth turbo inlet pipe. Works great and I can hear the turbo whistling now. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...87d44406ce.jpg

Sweet setup bud thanks for sharing your info

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

9. Thanks 74Beeper thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

so did you go w/ RPI ? I got a 2017 w/ RPI intake. Ray sent me tunes to deactivate the " ram air". looks great sounds amazing . my only issue now is this damn P0111- intake air temp sensor 1 performance code. at first it was every day. I pulled the green O ring off and I got 4 days out of it. and now back on again. WTF. Its diving m nuts. anyone have any clue why it
    it would do this? HELP

11. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I just bought a 2013 Laramie and was getting the active air box service required and after checking noticed the gate was gone from under breather and was wondering if this would hurt it, t I stock with no deletes.

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RezzRam View Post
    I just bought a 2013 Laramie and was getting the active air box service required and after checking noticed the gate was gone from under breather and was wondering if this would hurt it, t I stock with no deletes.
    Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

15. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

How do I do that?

17. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

The research I’ve done says it’s hard to beat the factory Ram Active Air set up. All I did with my 2017 was added an Airaid dry drop in and their smooth turbo inlet pipe. Works great and I can hear the turbo whistling now. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...87d44406ce.jpg

This is exactly what I've read you can't beat it they put a lot of engineering into just THAT
    Now other mfgs are using that design. You will not gain any HP at all
    Active Ram air is actually a very well designed airbox whoever said you need a tune to disable it after a delete is dumb..its ran by the ECM and has to do with temperature and not flow. The reason I removed my foam baffle is a friends 2012 had his turbo failed because the foam deteriorated and went right into the turbo..

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12