Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  30

Thread: MM3 EGT Sensor.

1. Top Of Page | #1

MM3 EGT Sensor.

Ok. I may be a knuckle head. But for the life of me I cannot get this darn EGT plug into my MM3 EGT port? I took the whole thing out and it's like fitting a square peg into a round hole. The EGT Pyro came with the MM3. Any tricks? My fingers are fairely big but come on? Anyways I got really frustrated and walked away from it last night and I am gonna try it again today this time I am gonna use tweezers to maybe get it in. I just don't want to force it and damage anything. Any tips or experiences getting this installed would be much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 EGT Sensor.

I used my 11 year old kid to get it started

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #3

Haha. That's funny. I got it this morning. Figured after spending my whole day putting in my Steed Speed Exhaust,Mean Green Alternator and retorqueing my Flo Pro Turbo Back Exhaust U was spent. Sucker is small? Anyways putting in my Fleece lift pump this morning so u am in the process of Dropping the Fuel Tank. Thanks for the response it was helpful knowing your child has better skills then I do. Take care.

5. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, Ig25, Power247 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheSleeperGoat View Post
    Haha. That's funny. I got it this morning. Figured after spending my whole day putting in my Steed Speed Exhaust,Mean Green Alternator and retorqueing my Flo Pro Turbo Back Exhaust U was spent. Sucker is small? Anyways putting in my Fleece lift pump this morning so u am in the process of Dropping the Fuel Tank. Thanks for the response it was helpful knowing your child has better skills then I do. Take care.

She has skills. From Bowhunting to dance. She is my little helper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Really anxious to get your thoughts on the new Fleece pump.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

8. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

Greg,
    Yah I am to. Fleece says that the in line fuel pump will supply enough fuel pressure to feed a 800hp 6.7L. I tapped into my fuel line with a fuel pressure sensor after replacing the fuel filter (OEM Mopar) to see what my line pressure was. At Idle I was getting 14/15 PSI. So I decided to take it out and run it through town and I was seeing around 12/13 psi at times. Then it was highway time. So I took it out on the Highway and (By the way this whole time I was running my 60hp tune) it dropped to around 9/10 PSI at 70 mph then I went wide open throttle and the pressure dropped to a scary 2/3 PSI. So with that said I was not pulling a load/fuel filter was new. I was just thinking to myself if I had been pulling a 14k trailer and didn't have a new clean filter what would my results be then? That is why I went with the Fleece OEM replacement lift pump. Shouldn't have any fuel issues after install. I will keep you posted once it is installed.

10. Thanks watersupply189, Power247, walla2k5, fourteen thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

Greg,
    Fleece pump is installed. Truck has really smoothed out even in the 12 Valve Tune. Has a noticably better Low/Mid/Top end power. Also the dang thing is very quiet. I had to put my ear up to the bed to here it spin up when I remote started it. Great product took me about 3hrs to install because it was just me. For me it is just a piece of mind that the truck will not starve of fuel when towing heavy (42ft 5th Wheel). To make things easier a Trans Jack and some straps and another person would have been easier. Oh and make sure your fuel tank is almost empty..Its a balancing act with on person and 2 Jack's. LOL!!

Jeremy

12. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Greg,
    Fleece pump is installed. Truck has really smoothed out even in the 12 Valve Tune. Has a noticably better Low/Mid/Top end power. Also the dang thing is very quiet. I had to put my ear up to the bed to here it spin up when I remote started it. Great product took me about 3hrs to install because it was just me. For me it is just a piece of mind that the truck will not starve of fuel when towing heavy (42ft 5th Wheel). To make things easier a Trans Jack and some straps and another person would have been easier. Oh and make sure your fuel tank is almost empty..Its a balancing act with on person and 2 Jack's. LOL!!

Jeremy

Sounds like the install went pretty smooth for you. 3 hours isn't bad at all, especially compared to cutting in a Fass or Airdog setup and adding a sump. I really appreciate the tips too. Its on my list now for sure.

Greg

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

14. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Greg,

Jeremy

Thanks for your thoughts. When it's time for a new fuel pump, that's the way I'm leaning also.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

16. Likes Power247, watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    Sounds like the install went pretty smooth for you. 3 hours isn't bad at all, especially compared to cutting in a Fass or Airdog setup and adding a sump. I really appreciate the tips too. Its on my list now for sure.

Greg
    It’s on my list to bro sounds like a winner

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post