Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Tye rod drop kits for 6" lift

1. Top Of Page | #1

Tye rod drop kits for 6" lift

Hey sorry if this is wrong area to post this, first time using a forum.

But anyway, I was fuelling my truck up at work today and the tye rod from the pit man(?) to the right wheel broke off the ball joint at the wheel. Coming to my question, what is recommended for a drop kit or even what are they? I bought this truck a year ago and i have never heard of these and the truck doesnt have them. When i bought the parts the guy at the store recommend i get it if the truck has 6" lift. Whats a good kit to buy? TIA

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Tye rod drop kits for 6" lift

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I personally run the Synergy steering kit. It's much stronger than what is on the truck now, and should prevent this from happening in the future. Your drag link and track bar need to be at the same angle, and your 6" lift should have come with matching drops for both. But that has nothing to do with the tie rod end breaking.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, TX NIGHT TRAIN thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

Ok, thanks for the input.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post