Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Injector upgrades?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Injector upgrades?

Hey guys. Been a while. Cant stop to breathe since i moved out from the folks, but yall are always my go-to in confused times.

ANYWAY. the truck is a 2006 with 183k. Just had an injector issue and thinking about upgrades??

Besides the bolt on's (exhaust, "ram air" intake, afe horn upgrade and heater delete, and 2nd gen manifold) shes bone stock with a tune by the guys at Hardway. I'm looking into 30%/60hp/stage 1/whatever ya call it injectors. Any brands to avoid? I'm like the prices for the set at diesel logic with the delivery tubes included, but sort of sketched I can't find reviews. Anyone know of them? Or know ones to recommend?

Its always appreciated!
    -Chad

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Injector upgrades?

Cheaper is never better when it comes to common rail injectors, S&S and Exergy are the only 2 brands I'd ever consider.

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I've heard great things about BBI injectors. I'm running 90 hp BD's and have no complaints.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

This is why I miss having Tim From accurate diesel here, he would never point you in the wrong way, and always had great priced.

@dudes diesel performance you got any specials going on now?

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Purn1973 View Post
    Cheaper is never better when it comes to common rail injectors, S&S and Exergy are the only 2 brands I'd ever consider.
    THANK YOU

Yes What @F350Cummins said. I miss Tim.

I found out our man Clayton is becoming quite the Xspurt () on injectors. May I suggest you talk to him? @Dude's Diesel Performance

Please support our advertising Vendors first. Thanks

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Classy-or-nasty View Post
    Hey guys. Been a while. Cant stop to breathe since i moved out from the folks, but yall are always my go-to in confused times.

ANYWAY. the truck is a 2006 with 183k. Just had an injector issue and thinking about upgrades??

Besides the bolt on's (exhaust, "ram air" intake, afe horn upgrade and heater delete, and 2nd gen manifold) shes bone stock with a tune by the guys at Hardway. I'm looking into 30%/60hp/stage 1/whatever ya call it injectors. Any brands to avoid? I'm like the prices for the set at diesel logic with the delivery tubes included, but sort of sketched I can't find reviews. Anyone know of them? Or know ones to recommend?

Its always appreciated!
    -Chad
    Talk to @Dude's Diesel Performance about those intake mods too. I always promote Shibby Engineering. He is one of the originals and not a "me too" product. I did a bunch of BETA testing for him way back in early 08. Very nice product. well thought out and priced right. Kurt is one of the best engineers I have ever met too. He worked on the design of the brakes in the 3rd gens too.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Thanks for the mention guys! Very much appreciated. We do not have any injector sales as of yet but i think something may be coming up for black friday sales if imi not mistaken.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

S&S, exergy and bbi are all top of the line injectors. I would only buy from one of them and make sure they are new virgin bodies. You want to avoid remans due to the higher failure rate, it's just not worth the risk of melting a piston. If your budget requires you to get remans, bbi seems to have the lowest failure rate. Make sureyou get new feed tubes as well.

11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins-fan View Post
    S&S, exergy and bbi are all top of the line injectors. I would only buy from one of them and make sure they are new virgin bodies. You want to avoid remans due to the higher failure rate, it's just not worth the risk of melting a piston. If your budget requires you to get remans, bbi seems to have the lowest failure rate. Make sureyou get new feed tubes as well.
    Good advice. However, you may as well just get new Bosch injectors. You want a flow tested and calibrated set.

12. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Good advice. However, you may as well just get new Bosch injectors. You want a flow tested and calibrated set.
    Bosch doesn't make a 30% over that i know of. All the 5.9 injectors are made by Bosch. So the OP will get Bosch injectors if he buys from a reputable company. Now if he actually gets NEW ones, that's something he'll need to verify by checking there serial numbers and making sure they are the updated injectors vs the original.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast