Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 09 2500 6.7 deleted and tuned HP&torque

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: 09 2500 6.7 deleted and tuned HP&torque

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Good advice about save for transmission but damn they cost a hell of a lot of money save forever
    You're somewhere between 500 and 1000 dollars closer if you don't fall into the CAI and giant exhaust trap.

2. Thanks HabachiGrill thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, Power247, Roberto Fisherman liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinopkc View Post
    You're somewhere between 500 and 1000 dollars closer if you don't fall into the CAI and giant exhaust trap.
    If splurging for stainless ya. Aluminized is 1/4 the price and lasts just as long unless you're in the Northeast or Alaska

4. Thanks HabachiGrill thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    If splurging for stainless ya. Aluminized is 1/4 the price and lasts just as long unless you're in the Northeast or Alaska
    Yeah I live in Maryland, a lot of salt.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I am finding out after 5 inch turbo back and custom tunes I am very unimpressed with the results, ( performance wise ). I am not complaining as I am still benefiting from a cleaner running engine, ( EGR soot ) and better gas mileage. I have other things I will be adding including tweaking the transmission, ( minor upgrades, such as shift kit to increase line pressure and deep oil pan ). My goal is to increase longevity and dependability, with my truck being a daily driver. I also use the truck to carry a camper and tow a small boat. When you delete your vehicle, you are unplugging and no longer using a number of sensors. You will never have to replace these sensors and go into limp mode, refilling with DEF will be a thing of the past. If on the other hand your goal is exclusively performance, be prepared to go all in.

2016 Dodge Ram 3500,
    Smittybilt M1 bumper, turbo back exhaust, ARP HEAD STUDS, BD Diesel ProTect68 68RFE Gasket Plate Kit and BD deep trans pan, SCREAMER HE300VG Turbo, BD Diesel Exhaust Manifold, Monster-Ram® Intake System 3.5-inch, Banks Air filter, BD Grid heater delete, RaceMe Ultra, tunes supplied by DRD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12