Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  24
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Sway Bar Links??

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: New Sway Bar Links??

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    Sorry about your troubles, my friends. Yes, there are some very good aftermarket links available. First I would diagnose why they came apart. Do you have a lift and are they at an incorrect angle or length? We're they worn to the point of failing? Incorrect torque on the nuts? Over extended, meaning axel drop, damaging the bushings or links themselves? If you could add some more info about the condition of the links and your vehicle, there are plenty of folks here that are willing to help.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Good info.A lot of things i never thought of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Froe View Post
    I am planning to change my sway bar links also. Not that they appear bad, but I just got a lift and changed all ball joints, u joints, adjustable track bar, and full new steering set. So the sway bar bushings and links are the only thing I have not changed. Figure it couldn't hurt changing that too.
    Why change if they are ok

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

3. Top Of Page | #13

Quote Originally Posted by david3gen View Post
    Why change if they are ok

with changing everything else I see that as a weak point. But I'm not saying its a reasonable excuse, I am just excessive when I start changing things. I had one u-joint bad and a balljoint boot busted. My fix for that was to replace everything.

2019 Ram 2500. 8” FTS Lift. 38x15.50 Fury MT’s on 26x14 XF Offroad wheels.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4/Raceme Ultra with DRD WARP tunes/EGR, Throttle Valve, DPF Delete, 4'' FloPro/5'' Rough Country Lift Kit with 37's on 22" Fuel Flow

4. Likes david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chitty86 View Post
    Ok well the guy that I bought the truck before me didn't take real good care of it and never washed it so therefore my components are rusted, the truck is stock height, as you can see it is disconnected on the bottom, not sure how it came disconnected.

Attachment 5315
    Yours broke because they seized up. Grab some Thuren end links, or, if you want to never see rust there, Carli makes stainless end links.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Froe View Post
    I am planning to change my sway bar links also. Not that they appear bad, but I just got a lift and changed all ball joints, u joints, adjustable track bar, and full new steering set. So the sway bar bushings and links are the only thing I have not changed. Figure it couldn't hurt changing that too.
    In your case, if you have a 3" or shorter lift, the 2013 end links actually work very well. Just back the top nuts off a touch and save your money.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Joe Froe, Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5, Power247 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Any help will be appreciated!

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Alright sounds good Thanks!! @Rhinopkc