Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  100
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Adding Reverse Lights?

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: Adding Reverse Lights?

Quote Originally Posted by TCoopSC View Post
    Installed these Rigid LEDs yesterday. Still need to wire them.

On a different question. Have any of you replaced your reverse lights with LEDs? I did and now my display shows reverse light out. Im assuming the resistance of the LEDs are lower than the factory lights. I haven't measured the resistance to compare but I'm assuming all that's needed is to put a certain ohm resistor inline with the new LEDs. Anyone had to do this?

Attachment 7788
    I like that!! Yes I replaced my reverse lights with LED from Diode Dynamics. Awesome bright lights with no warning on the dash.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

2. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    I like that!! Yes I replaced my reverse lights with LED from Diode Dynamics. Awesome bright lights with no warning on the dash.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

That's odd. I got mine from them too. Wonder if the computer on my truck is looking at the lights different than yours?

2018 Pearl White Ram 2500 Cummins 6.7, 5" RC Lift with 37x13.5r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Fuel Maverick, RC Steering Stabilizers, 4.10 gears, RevMax VB, RIGID Led bumper lights

3. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

That's odd. I got mine from them too. Wonder if the computer on my truck is looking at the lights different than yours?
    I bought the brightest lights they offered. It wasn’t cheap but well worth it. The lights I bought I believe had the canBUS built into to it.

Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

5. Likes Power247 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

These are the ones I bought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2018 Pearl White Ram 2500 Cummins 6.7, 5" RC Lift with 37x13.5r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Fuel Maverick, RC Steering Stabilizers, 4.10 gears, RevMax VB, RIGID Led bumper lights

7. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Adding Reverse Lights?

Ok! So after actually getting my wife to look, we realized that the left one was out!! Apparently there is a certain way to plug them in. Didn’t seem like it was.

Still getting the License plate light out but both of those are on.

9. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Is this wiring harness long enough to reach the back bumper? I bought a set of Rigid D-Series that came with a wiring harness but it's 10ft too short.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Froe View Post
    Attachment 7744Attachment 7745Attachment 7746Attachment 7747

I used Rough Country flush mounts in my rear bumper and used Rigid Industries backup harness to power it. The harness comes set up with a 3 way switch (ON/off/REV). I'll put the link to the harness.

https://www.rigidindustries.com/sr-m...ess-40192.html

11. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

So i just bought some Deutsch connectors and 16ga wiring on Amazon for around $50.

13. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #38

Is this wiring harness long enough to reach the back bumper? I bought a set of Rigid D-Series that came with a wiring harness but it's 10ft too short.

I ran it along the frame from the back and went into a rubber grommet thru the floor under the driver seat. I already had wires going thru for my amp so it was just easiest for me. Then i ran my power wire under the dash thru the firewall. I sadly do not still have the truck to double check for u. But i know i had a good bit of extra wire wrapped up and ziptied and tucked away. But for the way i done it i didnt have to add any wire to the harness.

2019 Ram 2500. 8” FTS Lift. 38x15.50 Fury MT’s on 26x14 XF Offroad wheels.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4/Raceme Ultra with DRD WARP tunes/EGR, Throttle Valve, DPF Delete, 4'' FloPro/5'' Rough Country Lift Kit with 37's on 22" Fuel Flow

15. Thanks TCoopSC thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

Ok! So after actually getting my wife to look, we realized that the left one was out!! Apparently there is a certain way to plug them in. Didn’t seem like it was.

Still getting the License plate light out but both of those are on.

Yeah those bulbs are reverse polarity so if they don’t come on take it out and turn it 180 and plug it back in.
    You mentioned you license plate warning comes on but both are working? I replaced my tag lights with the best bulb they sell and never had that message come up.

17. Thanks TCoopSC thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, cumminsbadgirl, david3gen liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

Yes. I bought the "HP3"s from Diode Dynamics just like the reverse lights. They are working but they were very hard to put in for some reason. Guess im take them back out check the alinements.

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Yeah those bulbs are reverse polarity so if they don’t come on take it out and turn it 180 and plug it back in.
    You mentioned you license plate warning comes on but both are working? I replaced my tag lights with the best bulb they sell and never had that message come up.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d210f84706.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...cb0169d80e.jpg

19. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast