Thanks Thanks:  336
Likes Likes:  1,143
Page 147 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1750

Thread: What Did You Do On Your Truck Today?

1. Top Of Page | #1461

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    tell me when it gets there, and I will see what time I can make
    It's supposed to be here Monday. I have to replace one bolt. We'll have to watch the weather. Supposed to be close to 50 on Wednesday. Maybe I'll have a Chicken Pot Pie made up for you. One for us and one for you.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #1462

User Info Menu

Fitted a rear fold down step, under supervision of the 2 yard cats...

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #1463
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Cool

Here is an example of this item on eBay which should fit without modification: 9005 HB3 H10 LED Headlight Bulb CREE 6500K 4400LM Canbus Replace HID Halogen | eBay

Now these are intended to be used as cheapie headlights but they're not good for that for our trucks. Although they're very bright, they might not fit inside the cover on the assembly. Worse, the heat sink at the base of the bulb gets hot and wouldn't be good sealed up inside the headlight case.

BUT AS FOGS: -- :thumbsup:

These seem to have resistance built in as they require no capacitors or resistors inline to spoof the CANBUS on my 2017 truck. None. These also have a unique option of setting the tint to the kelvin you like. 3000k, 4300k, 6000k, etc.... It seems HOKIE and CHEESIE but IT WORKS GREAT. I have a set of these on the Fiat as fogs too. I bought two sets and never used the 2nd -- until now.

Lastly -- These have a cap on the end of the bulb. This is important for the fog lights because the native 9145 / H10 bulbs have a cap on the end so as to not blind oncoming traffic. The idea being the light should be created by the reflectors and not the bulb itself.

Note the cap at the end of the installed bulb:

Here are some photos with the 3000K film installed and the bulbs illuminated:

For fogs, these seem to be great. I can give these a two :thumbsup: for plug'n play, cheap, bright and flexibility.

As I experiment with more junk, I'll post more.

************************************************** *****************************************

ADDENDUM -- Here is a listing for an UPGRADED version of the same bulbs. They apparently are 4000 LUMENS per bulb instead of the 2200 I'm using.

HB3 9005 HB3 80W CREE Car LED Headlight Kit Head Light Driving Fog Lamp 6000K

Even though they don't mention 9145 / H10, I'm 99% sure they'll work just as the silver / 2200 LUMEN version does. 9005 / HB3 will go into the 9145 / H10 socket.

I don't know about CANBUS behavior on these but they look intriguing for sure.

Off to work this AM....

-Guzzler

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, RamIt, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #1464

User Info Menu

Finally managed to get my 4" Flo Pro, Cooler delete and warped MM3 installed yesterday. I haven't had a chance to drive it much more than around the block yet - will try to get out tonight and let the transmission get used to the new tunes. So far I am very impressed with the fit. I went with the Edge pillar mount for the MM3, which leaves a really clean look. The 4" with muffler is not overly loud, just enough when you get on the throttle to know it is not stock. At idle it isn't noticeable inside the cab but sounds deeper from the exterior with mild turbo noise. Time to do some reading to get apprised on how to navigate the MM3...any suggestions from the wily vets would be very much appreciated!

2016 2500 4x4 Crew Cab Short Box, 4" Flo Pro exhaust, Warped MM3 by Double R, S&B Intake, 68RFE, 20x10 Fuel Beast, 35x12.50 AMP Terrain Gripper

7. Thanks Yamaha242LS thanked for this post
    Likes Yamaha242LS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #1465

User Info Menu

Thought this was pretty cool first time I ever ordered from @Geno's Garage got my part fast and a free bag of popcorn to eat while I'm working on the truck. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Top Of Page | #1466
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Hi Guys!!!

Today I installed a set of LED Cargo Lights and LED Reverse Lights. These are BRIGHT!

Cargo: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M13CB62

Reverse: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DGC885C

NOTE: The Reverse Bulbs are 7440 if you have the FACTORY LED Tails. Otherwise, I believe you need the 921 Bulbs.

Here are some nighttime pictures. THEY ARE AWESOME backup lights.

Cargo LED's at night. I wanted something to match the LED Bed Lights.

-Jay

10. Top Of Page | #1467

User Info Menu

No bulb out warnings?

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

11. Top Of Page | #1468
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
    No bulb out warnings?

None. So far I've done:

Cheap "Blue" bulbs for headlights and high beams (not ready to deal with converting those yet).
    LED Fogs
    LED Cargo (left the center brake light a regular incandescent bulb),
    LED Reverse
    LED License plate.

Want to know what fires a warning? You'll never guess:

HA HA HA HA HA HA. License Plate LED's.

I think the 2015+ trucks have more CANBUS monitoring. This could be the result of me using 4 year old LED's I had laying around which have no resistance circuitry. I can't even remember where / when I got them. They work great though, and there is no dash light illumination -- just the alert on startup. The circuit still stays active. I'm just going to leave them I think, as they work fine.

All the other stuff I've done has been without warnings / alerts.

-Jay

12. Likes Noneck, Power247, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #1469

User Info Menu

Cool thanks. I have a front LED light bars and converted my projector low beams HID and just put the Sylvania gxe bulbs in my high beams. The LED reverse and cargo lights should round it out nicely!

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, I HAD A Cummins liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #1470

User Info Menu

Today I took my first oil sample on Amsoil Premium Synthetic 15W-40 since deleting.
    Changed the oil filter and prepped the sample for shipment to Blackstone labs on Monday. Will see what they say as far as going to 10k miles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
Page 147 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast