Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: breaking up and cutting out

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

breaking up and cutting out

My truck is fully deleted and tuned with warped tuning from @Double R Diesel and when im 100% throttle near redline the truck starts to break up and cut out and kinda falls on its face. Ive had it happen in the 120, 150, and 200 hp tunes. Has anyone experienced this and or is it normal for it to happen due to lack of fuel near the top end of the rpm range?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: breaking up and cutting out

Did you ask @Double R Diesel?

🏁Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Not yet, didnt want to bother him if it was something that was normal or everyone else was experiencing.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Ray actually prefers people with any questions or concerns to contact him. I've never noticed this with mine though to answer your question, but I don't drive like that much either. I do suppose if you're in it long enough on the top end like that, without supporting fuel mods, the rail is draining. But best contact him.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

That's exactly what i was thinking. I'll email Ray and see what he thinks. Thanks for the help.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Horn399 View Post
    My truck is fully deleted and tuned with warped tuning from @Double R Diesel and when im 100% throttle near redline the truck starts to break up and cut out and kinda falls on its face. Ive had it happen in the 120, 150, and 200 hp tunes. Has anyone experienced this and or is it normal for it to happen due to lack of fuel near the top end of the rpm range?
    At what rpm are you talking? It could be normal. My typical tuning has limits in place, but the hotter tunes will drain rail pressure if you hold it there.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Horn399, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Ray the only two times it happened to me I wasnt watching the RPMs when it happened but I know it was up there. My wife was out driving in it today I guess she decided to lay into it and I asked her what the rpms were and she said she didnt look either but she also said there were up pretty high but not at the limiter.

14. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Ray the only two times it happened to me I wasnt watching the RPMs when it happened but I know it was up there. My wife was out driving in it today I guess she decided to lay into it and I asked her what the rpms were and she said she didnt look either but she also said there were up pretty high but not at the limiter.
    I'm pretty sure its either draining the rail or hitting an rpm limiter. 3500 rpm is the hard limit on your tune but the ecm will start shutting the party down after 3200 rpms.

I can make them run higher rpms, but you've got to have supporting mods to go that high.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

No i think I'll leave it right were it is and tell the wife to stop hot rodding the truck. Thanks for the response Ray.

18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Not yet, didnt want to bother him if it was something that was normal or everyone else was experiencing.
    See. No bother friend. 👍

🏁Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"

19. Thanks DRD, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast