Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deleted Exhaust question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Deleted Exhaust question

Has anyone tried or can anyone think of a downside to having 2 mufflers ?? I picked up a new toy hauler the other day that has a really solid shield wall compared to every keystone ive ever had and with my 4.56s and the 14 inch muffler i tow rite about 2100 RPM and its kind of annoying so i was thinking about putting 1 30 in or 2 24s seeing as i have a ton of room under this thing

2020 2500 CCLB Laramie ** Carli 3 inch backcountry , 37s , Exergy custom CP4.2 , FASS 250, titan 52 gallon , CCS EFI live **

2015 2500 CCSB Laramie *.* Carli 3 inch with Kings in the corners *.* Carli Fab'd arms *.* Carli Sway control*.*17 inch Methods w/37s*.*4.56 Yukons*.*Thuren bumper full of Baja Designs *.* RaceMe *.* HPP*.* Flo-Pro*.* Amp Steps*.* Viair On board air*.*Carli'd6.7 on CumminsForum*.*

2. Thanks Hulk thanked for this post
    Likes Hulk liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Deleted Exhaust question

I had a 30" and it takes out almost all of the sound. I didn't like it so I went straight piped but if you want it to be a little louder than stock in the cab with zero drone, then the 30" might be for you.

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 3" level, 35" tires, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I have seen several guys run a 30" Donaldson alone or in conjunction with the factory muffler and don't recall any of them reporting an issue except a very quiet truck. I contemplated this myself but moving up to 34" tires brought my towing RPMs down to about 1600 making things much more bearable.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I have a 48 in. Donaldson. The wife is very happy with it. LOL

Thomas-2012 Saddle Brown Pearl CCSB

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

6. Likes Power247 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

does the 30 inch still sound mean outside?

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

8. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I just went down this road. With my 14. I've been running and AFE 30" muffler and it was still a bit loud to me. I added an aero turbine resonator in front of the muffler and it's better. I'm considering a 51" Donaldson semi truck muffler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes Power247 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I ended up getting the 40 inch Donaldson from Ryder truck parts it was only 80 bucks I'll get it on the day I get it and report back to y'all anything is better than the 14 the flow pro kit comes with , i used to love the loud 24v straight piped Cummins but now the 12v tune in a common rail is just about all noise I want coming out of this thing haha

2020 2500 CCLB Laramie ** Carli 3 inch backcountry , 37s , Exergy custom CP4.2 , FASS 250, titan 52 gallon , CCS EFI live **

2015 2500 CCSB Laramie *.* Carli 3 inch with Kings in the corners *.* Carli Fab'd arms *.* Carli Sway control*.*17 inch Methods w/37s*.*4.56 Yukons*.*Thuren bumper full of Baja Designs *.* RaceMe *.* HPP*.* Flo-Pro*.* Amp Steps*.* Viair On board air*.*Carli'd6.7 on CumminsForum*.*

11. Likes Power247 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

i had a 2012 with 5 inch tb no muffler and it was not loud at all..
    now i have a 2016 2500 with air ride . I'm trying to figure out what is out for my truck.
    Now im wondering if the 16 is going to be louder than my 12??
    I had a 2005 that was stupid loud with no muffler. i ended up using the biggest donaldson i could fit . and that was great.
    so does anyone know if the 16 will be louder than the 2012?
    does anyone have the 2500 air ride system with a aftermarket exhaust? how did it fit? any issues?

thanks

13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Once deleted there should be no difference in sound between your '12 and '16. Not sure about fitting around the air ride exhaust

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

how did the muffler turn out ? i just did a delete on my 2016 and i want quite it down, more just to eliminate the drone..
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech$12 View Post
    I ended up getting the 40 inch Donaldson from Ryder truck parts it was only 80 bucks I'll get it on the day I get it and report back to y'all anything is better than the 14 the flow pro kit comes with , i used to love the loud 24v straight piped Cummins but now the 12v tune in a common rail is just about all noise I want coming out of this thing haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast