Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  29
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Welcome @jkcothron. That's a good looking truck. I like the two tone interior. I've been intrigued by the Cummins Titan since they announced it a couple years ago. I'll be interested to hear about your long-term experience with it. I have a feeling it'll be nothing but positive. As far as your slow throttle response goes (more experienced guys please correct me if I'm wrong) I believe these engines typically have a little bit of lag built in to improve fuel economy. That can be taken out with some ECM tweaking.

2. Top Of Page | #22
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

to the forum

Might I suggest watching the young man in the 3rd picture ... looks like he's szing your up

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    to the forum

Might I suggest watching the young man in the 3rd picture ... looks like he's szing your up
    LOL you are right, but the little man is a little girl ( Lyla ). She has already decided its her truck!

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

My apologies, my mother is in the hospital and I'm running on 6 hours sleep in the last 3 days. I do like the truck, and when I went back to look, cute daughter. But watch it, she could talk you into trading it for her bike.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

My apologies, my mother is in the hospital and I'm running on 6 hours sleep in the last 3 days. I do like the truck, and when I went back to look, cute daughter. But watch it, she could talk you into trading it for her bike.
    no worries my friend, easy mistake to make. Hope your mother gets well.

7. Likes E.mccarthy7018 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Everytime I went to the dealership to physically see one of these, they had none. And I've been looking everywhere I've traveled. Either they are not making a lot, or there selling them like hot cakes. My only grip is I need a 3/4 ton or better and they only have a 1/2 ton. Has anyone heard if they plan on making a larger version in the future ? And being first year model it must be thin on parts and after market accessories right now. The after market manufactures must be running frantically trying to get things out there. Nissan has had a very good reputation of reliability. I bought a Frontier for the wife and she's totally happy with it as long as I keep from changing things to customizing it. (you know, boys and their toys)

Jim

9. Likes Noneck liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Everytime I went to the dealership to physically see one of these, they had none. And I've been looking everywhere I've traveled. Either they are not making a lot, or there selling them like hot cakes. My only grip is I need a 3/4 ton or better and they only have a 1/2 ton. Has anyone heard if they plan on making a larger version in the future ? And being first year model it must be thin on parts and after market accessories right now. The after market manufactures must be running frantically trying to get things out there. Nissan has had a very good reputation of reliability. I bought a Frontier for the wife and she's totally happy with it as long as I keep from changing things to customizing it. (you know, boys and their toys)
    You're right on the Nissan reliability in my opinion. I've owned 10, sold one 1989 pickup (the first V6 they had in a pickup) with 373,000 hard miles on it. The guy I sold it to traded it in at 550ish. That truck was abused pretty badly too from a maintenance standpoint. The only thing I've had to do to a Nissan is put a water pump on the above truck, after my wife at the time wrapped the front end around a telephone pole. Other than that, gas and oil and the occasional tune-up.

I haven't heard that Nissan will make a bigger truck than the XD but who knows? That probably depends on the success of this one. While I can't speak for everywhere, they appear to be selling quickly here in GA. My dealer sold 3 of the trucks they sold sight unseen (they hadn't even received the shipments yet). I'll probably drop in there this week and see how it has been going. I do know they have a 2 wheel drive Cayenne PR sitting on the showroom floor. I think they rest are gone. Where are you located?

11. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

I'm in middle tennessee and every dealer near the area was out when checking with them. I just came back from a trip to calif. and at a dealership in amarillo, out, a dealership in flagstaff, out, a dealership in vegas, out, a dealership in barstow, out, a dealership in fresno, out ... I gave up looking from that point on. So they much be selling faster than delivering them. If they are that popular, sooner or later they will have some on a lot. (Note: must look if I should buy Nissan stock.)

Jim

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Noneck, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Welcome @jkcothron looks awesome congrats

Membership Has Its Perks

In pursuit of more power in which the wallet will allow mods to date. Edge Evolution, Banks Air Filter, 5" cat back Banks Monster exhaust, Billet built auto trans Triple disc TC, Derale trans cooler, Sinister coolant filter,5" aluminum drive shafts
    Gary

http://igotacummins.com/vbrides.php?...3#.VT-wuiFVhBc

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #30
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Hello and welcome.

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast