Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  66
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: thuren goodies

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeDiesel View Post
    Yea. Thats what Im seeing more and more.. Im hoping to piece together a nice riding truck through the years. Gonna have it a long time so I have some time to spread the out of pocket.. 4-5k for a better ride jusy isnt in the budget right now. Need a new kitchen for the Mrs before that! Haha

As for the springs, would my idea(s) work? I figured my first step would be to get rid of those huge spacers! LOL
    Have many other plans I haven't listed to be spread out over a year or two after coils. Smaller rear lift blocks, thuren torsion sway bar, carli adj track bar, better shocks, 2.0's, upgraded ball joints, sulastic shackles, etc... Sounds like itd be a pretty sweet ride.
    Carli and thuren coils will not work properly with any spacer. Carli makes a great 6" kit i think if you want something higher, but anything over leveling will require some drop radius arm brackets and drop steering parts to keep geometry. I tried to explain this to a friend. Those two leveling kits are suspension kits not lift kits. They increase wheel travel over stock. That's why I give spacers a thumbs down.

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

2. Likes DodgeDiesel liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Ya. Makes sense. I had read that the spacers hurt the carli/thuren coils.. Was hoping not to have to go that route. And not sure I want to go up to a 6" spring unless I have to.
    So, say I went with just a 3" coil to replace my stock spring/5" spacer..? Would my current 5" lift kit work with this? Or do I need to change everything out because it drops everything too much to work with a 3" spring? Im assuming that it would all work but like I said, I'm not very good with these lifts yet.

Pretty sure this is the kit my truck has installed:
    http://www.4wheelparts.com/Suspensio...FZEXHwod_XkHlw

Sorry of I'm a little slow with this btw

4. Likes Thatcumminsgirl liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Pretty much everything in that kit won't work with either of these leveling kits. What year is your truck? (Need to fill out a signature so we know whatcha got).

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

6. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Signature filled out thanks.
    when you say my current setup won't work with either of those kits, are you referring to their leveling kit? I'm talking about buying just the spring (component), not the kit (system) to put on with my current setup. Just to clarify.
    Thanks for all your help. Looking for just a little better ride quality and if I have to lose 2" to get it, so be it. Wish they just made a 5" soft spring! LOL
    If what you saying is the 3" spring will not work with my current setup, I may have to look at other avenues i guess.

2010 Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT SRW 4X4
    5" Pro Comp lift, Ion Alloys with 35x12.5r18 Pro Comp Xtreme AT with some stance.
    Raceme Ultra, S&B CAI, 4" TBE w 5" tip, LED tails and Third Brake Light, 6" touchscreen, 30" LED light bar, SJ dual shock stabilizers, Synergy steering-box stabilizer.
    Undercoated truck, two toned rhino liner lowers and bumpers, painted grill and debadged.

7. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Not sure which one of our vendors sells carli or thuren. I think you may need to consult one so I don't steer you wrong. CJC off road would be a good place to contact as they deal with carli and thuren both. Maybe @IGOTACUMMINS could help me steer you in the right direction

P.S. signature great

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DodgeDiesel liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Thanks brother. Appreciate it. If it doesnt work, I may just end up keeping the spacers for now :/. And then going straight to the sulastic shackles (read nothing but great reviews) and for the front doing the torsion sway bar (which I heard makes a HUGE difference). May just call Don himself and see what he says. As always, I'll be checking vendor sites before making any purchases...

Love the, patiently waiting for some warp touch up! Haha. Me too. Thats some of the reason I dont want to blow a ton of $$ on my suspension. Want/need some tunes

5" Pro Comp lift, Ion Alloys with 35x12.5r18 Pro Comp Xtreme AT with some stance.
    Raceme Ultra, S&B CAI, 4" TBE w 5" tip, LED tails and Third Brake Light, 6" touchscreen, 30" LED light bar, SJ dual shock stabilizers, Synergy steering-box stabilizer.
    Undercoated truck, two toned rhino liner lowers and bumpers, painted grill and debadged.

10. Likes oneshotkyle liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

You can call thuren, Don or Aaron will help you out. Leave a msg if they don't answer. Busy little place there.

12. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

Loving the reviews on Thuren's sway bar installed. Seems to have smoothed out some rides that were previously pretty stiff.. Anyone have any experience? May start there on my journey for a smoother ride... Sway bar and end linksDoing more personal research before calling and making any decisions

13. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

Glad to hear it smoothed you out some!

Please keep us posted, I will be making some similar mods in the near future and would love to hear what you experience!

14. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

Not mine. Havent made any purchases yet. Just reading through tons of threads and seeing that it helps out more then I thought. Seems thuren sway bar is a marginally better, cheaper, and doesn't have any problems with ends coming loose.Feel free to share any knowledge or experiences..

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast