Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delete Pipes?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Delete Pipes?

New to diesels. My question is, will delete pipes still allow the use of the factory muffler?

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Delete Pipes?

I dont believe the factory exhaust has a muffler at all. All i think it has is the DPF and the NOX is the factory system. Im assuming your going for a turbo back system either a 4 or 5 inch and depending on the kit you go with mufflers are an option on most kits i personally went with a flo pro 5 inch turbo back without out a muffler. And its not super loud in the cab at all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info. I do not want an obnoxiously loud truck. This is my daily driver in which I drop off and pick up my children at school with. Also, I will be pulling a travel trailer and really do not want to here drone in the cab the whole way there and back.

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

A 5 inch exhaust has a much deeper exhaust note then a 4 inch. If you are wanting a quieter exhaust i would recommend the muffler option for you. As far as performance if you are wondering that there wont be a difference between the 4 and 5 and having the muffler shouldnt restrict flow if at all. Either way it will outflow the stock system and turbo spool will be faster. Assuming the turbo and fuel system are stock

8. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I left the factory 4” and just replaced the soot cookers with a raceme pipe. Mine is not loud at all and has a nice mellow tone with no drone in the cab.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

10. Likes david3gen, walla2k5, Power247 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    A 5 inch exhaust has a much deeper exhaust note then a 4 inch. If you are wanting a quieter exhaust i would recommend the muffler option for you. As far as performance if you are wondering that there wont be a difference between the 4 and 5 and having the muffler shouldnt restrict flow if at all. Either way it will outflow the stock system and turbo spool will be faster. Assuming the turbo and fuel system are stock

Thanks for the feedback. I have only heard the exhaust on the computer speakers but do agree that the 5" does seem to have a deeper sound.

12. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    I left the factory 4” and just replaced the soot cookers with a raceme pipe. Mine is not loud at all and has a nice mellow tone with no drone in the cab.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....
    That is what I am looking to do. With the cost of everything else just looking to save a few $$ and I think it will not make much difference in the final outcome. All I'm wanting do is dump the emissions stuff.

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lilbxl View Post
    That is what I am looking to do. With the cost of everything else just looking to save a few $$ and I think it will not make much difference in the final outcome. All I'm wanting do is dump the emissions stuff.
    I agree! That’s all I wanted. I didn’t see the need to spending all that extra $$$ just to add tbe. I’m happy with just putting the raceme pipes in. I did buy the SS so I wouldn’t have issues down the road.

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

16. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Keep in mind that if the exhaust you go with is too loud that you can add a muffler or resonator right after the down pipe if the in cab drone/noise is too loud.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

18. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I didn't delete my '17 yet, but on my '09, I went with the flo pro 5" with muffler. The drone was too much for daily driving. I replaced the muffler with a FTE free flowing cork screw style muffler/resonator and that was the fix. If you like the power without the noise save your money and go with muffler delete and a FTE.

20. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189, Diesel307 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast