Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  39
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 70+MPH Vibration

1. Top Of Page | #1

70+MPH Vibration

Anyone else put on a leveling kit and experience a slight to moderate vibration above 70mph? Truck’s a ‘16 2500 with Zone Level Kit and Fox 2.0’s. Got aligned after the install. I’m about 75 miles into a 400 mile trip and about to go crazy!

Thinking it could be worn tires (Toyo Open Country RT’s) but also want to hear other opinions

Cheers!

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 MCSB
    2016 Ram 2500 CCSB *SOLD*

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 70+MPH Vibration

Could definitely be a number of things. How many miles ya got on her bud? Also when you lift these 4th gens it's a good idea to get an adjustable track bar as you will experience some steering wonder sooner then later.

If you can jack up the truck and have someone in the truck and have them slowly put it in gear and let the tires rotate. You may be able to catch something that way. I have found that way to be the best way to look at each tire individually.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Thanks cumminsbadgirl, david3gen thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Could definitely be a number of things. How many miles ya got on her bud? Also when you lift these 4th gens it's a good idea to get an adjustable track bar as you will experience some steering wonder sooner then later.

If you can jack up the truck and have someone in the truck and have them slowly put it in gear and let the tires rotate. You may be able to catch something that way. I have found that way to be the best way to look at each tire individually.
    20.5k miles

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 MCSB

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ViperCummins View Post
    20.5k miles

Wow that's lower then i thought it would be! My first guess would be what you mentioned. Tires. I would check those first and go from there. Could be out of balance already for some reason as well.

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Top Of Page | #5

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Wow that's lower then i thought it would be! My first guess would be what you mentioned. Tires. I would check those first and go from there. Could be out of balance already for some reason as well.
    Well I’m getting new tires tomorrow, we’ll see how that effects it and report back

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 MCSB

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Awesome! Congrats on the new set my friend. I look forward to hearing from ya.

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Top Of Page | #7

Intensity also seems to increase under acceleration. I.e. 70mph down hill with foot off the pedal gives no vibration, increading throttle to keep speed on an uphill causes vibration to appear

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 MCSB

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ViperCummins View Post
    20.5k miles
    Wow new tires and you only have 20.5 k miles I would say something maybe wrong with your lift maybe loose bolts or not torqued correctly
    good luck

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

10. Top Of Page | #9

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Wow new tires and you only have 20.5 k miles I would say something maybe wrong with your lift maybe loose bolts or not torqued correctly
    good luck
    Tires with vibration are far from new. Probably 20% tread left. Happened to be getting new ones because of the amount of wear on that set. Hoping that’ll fix it. I’ll know here in about a half hour as the new ones are being mounted now.

Everything on the level it torqued to spec. I’m thinking now that maybe one of the tears threw some weights because the vibration was apparent in the seat more than the steering wheel

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 MCSB

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

If the tires don't cure the problem, I'd look at u joints.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

13. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast