Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  45
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you carry for 'just in case' scenarios

1. Top Of Page | #11

Re: What do you carry for 'just in case' scenarios

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Awesome! I do believe i would love to have you when we go on wheeling trips LOL! That's awesome! What kind of tool box do you fit all of that in? Mine seems to shrink extremely fast when i let it get messy.
    Definitely takes some professional tetris skills LOL. Crossbox is a deezee, but I've had many different ones. Jack, shovel, and chain go under it with some scrap wood. Sockets have a case, but the loose tools go in a canvas bag a bit bigger than a laptop bag.

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

2. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WyomingHunter View Post
    I'm gonna miss something, but I'll give it a shot. Cross box holds: Oil, premix coolant, Archoil, PB Blaster or WD40, brake cleaner, bottle jack and handyman jack, 4way lug wrench, various ball and stinger combos, shovel, axe, small sledge, battery booster, small air compressor, jumper cables, extension cord, filter wrench/socket and filters, around eight ratchet straps in various sizes, climbing rope, tow strap, tree saver, snatch rope, snatch block, lots of shackles, heavy chain, traction plates (gift I've never used yet), and an ammo can doing what ammo cans do. In winter I carry a snow shovel and around 400lbs of gravel. Tool kit: standard and metric wrenches, 1/2 and 1/4 socket set, screw drivers and multi bit driver set, steel and plastic pry bars, 12V extension cord, rubber mallet, vice grips, pliers, side cutters, sharp knife, bailing wire, gorilla tape, tire pressure gauge, electrical tape, electrical pliers, connectors and fuses, few sizes in short lengths of copper wire, trailer plug adapters. And other random things in cab: first aid kit, extinguisher, work gloves, power inverter, paracord, safety glasses with earpro, firearms to match the seasons, and my loaded hiking pack that I can survive with. I see I need to add a thermostat and belt before my next trip. I probably left some things out.
    Wow I must say that you are prepared for anything and everything, that’s awesome

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Cummins Mega 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4
    MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

4. Thanks WyomingHunter thanked for this post
    Likes Snow Dodge, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I'm going to be a little naive on this one, but the only thing I take is a tow strap. To help other people.

6. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsbadgirl View Post
    Wow I must say that you are prepared for anything and everything, that’s awesome
    Well I've been stranded/stuck once or twice, so I'm trying to avoid that since I spend so much time working/hiking/hunting in remote places on my own. Plus it's kinda nice being the guy who has whatever is needed to help.

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

8. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes CanDiesel, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

That's awesome. Lots of great ideas here.

I'd love to get a toolbox in my bed but I have a canopy. I might have to invest in one that bolts to the bed, but then I loose 2 feet of bed length.

I'm thinking for this trip all I'll have in he bed of m truck is a couple tool boxes loaded with everything I mentions plus a few ideas I'm getting from this thread. Jack, axles stands and all those parts that felt off my exhaust. Everything else will be in the 20ft carhauler.

I read a thread hat stated maximum payload of 1500 pounds is affected by whatever is on the tongue. My weight distributing hitch is rated for 1500 pounds tongue weight so that effectively uses up all my payload. I thought I remember reading in some Chrystler documentation that Max payload and Max tongue weight are totally seperate and do not affect eachother. I'm going to have to get reading again before I hit the road in June.

Thanks for all the great ideas folks by all means keep them coming!

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

2012 Larmie LongHorn 4x4 Crew Cab Longbed, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Air-Boss 67, Mega-Flo Throttle Valve Grid Heater, Sinister EGR & Cooler Delete, FloPro DPF Delete Pipe, 2 micron CAT Fuel Filter, Baldwin BF1212 Fuel/Water Sep, BD Rear Diff Cover

10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I always have tow straps, jump cables and everything i need to replace a tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

11. Likes cumminsbadgirl, CanDiesel liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Buy an inexpensive “mechanic’s tool kit” from Lowes or Home Despot to keep in the truck. This way, your garage tools stay in the garage, and your truck tools stay in the truck. Jumper cables, tow straps, and a jump starter (can’t self rescue with jumper cables), spare tire, jack, cordless impact(because I’m not spending any more time on the side of the road than I have to), spare steering rod ends, serpentine belt, fluids, assorted sensors and stuff.

13. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinopkc View Post
    Buy an inexpensive “mechanic’s tool kit” from Lowes or Home Despot to keep in the truck. This way, your garage tools stay in the garage, and your truck tools stay in the truck. Jumper cables, tow straps, and a jump starter (can’t self rescue with jumper cables), spare tire, jack, cordless impact(because I’m not spending any more time on the side of the road than I have to), spare steering rod ends, serpentine belt, fluids, assorted sensors and stuff.

definitely more good tools!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WyomingHunter View Post
    I'm gonna miss something, but I'll give it a shot. Cross box holds: Oil, premix coolant, Archoil, PB Blaster or WD40, brake cleaner, bottle jack and handyman jack, 4way lug wrench, various ball and stinger combos, shovel, axe, small sledge, battery booster, small air compressor, jumper cables, extension cord, filter wrench/socket and filters, around eight ratchet straps in various sizes, climbing rope, tow strap, tree saver, snatch rope, snatch block, lots of shackles, heavy chain, traction plates (gift I've never used yet), and an ammo can doing what ammo cans do. In winter I carry a snow shovel and around 400lbs of gravel. Tool kit: standard and metric wrenches, 1/2 and 1/4 socket set, screw drivers and multi bit driver set, steel and plastic pry bars, 12V extension cord, rubber mallet, vice grips, pliers, side cutters, sharp knife, bailing wire, gorilla tape, tire pressure gauge, electrical tape, electrical pliers, connectors and fuses, few sizes in short lengths of copper wire, trailer plug adapters. And other random things in cab: first aid kit, extinguisher, work gloves, power inverter, paracord, safety glasses with earpro, firearms to match the seasons, and my loaded hiking pack that I can survive with. I see I need to add a thermostat and belt before my next trip. I probably left some things out.
    Pretty impressive group of things bud I carry all that you have and much more then that to much stuff to list great job bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

16. Thanks WyomingHunter thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12