Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Throttle delete or new intake ram air?

1. Top Of Page | #1

Question Throttle delete or new intake ram air?

I am about to delete my truck and tune with MM3. 4” down pipe striaght pipe. But I don’t know if I should delete throttle valve or buy in mega ram air intake! Pros and cons please! Thanks

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Throttle delete or new intake ram air?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Herbaissac View Post
    I am about to delete my truck and tune with MM3. 4” down pipe striaght pipe. But I don’t know if I should delete throttle valve or buy in mega ram air intake! Pros and cons please! Thanks
    You do not have to delete your throttle valve to just run deleted. You can simply unplug it.

However if you want to spend money and spend it wisely, look at buying a GDP mega flow intake horn that deletes the throttle valve in the process. It looks great and adds a little airflow in the process.

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Thurmanmurman thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    You do not have to delete your throttle valve to just run deleted. You can simply unplug it.

However if you want to spend money and spend it wisely, look at buying a GDP mega flow intake horn that deletes the throttle valve in the process. It looks great and adds a little airflow in the process.
    Once again Ray from DRD has the answers

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

7. Likes Herbaissac liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I've never been a big fan of Banks but after doing a little looking around and asking people using different products

I'll be replacing my Shibby elbow with a Banks 4"
    Their 3.5" and 4" delete the TV

9. Top Of Page | #6

Awesome thank you! What do you think about a grid heater delete on my ‘15 3500 pro and cons?

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Awesome thank you! What do you think about a grid heater delete on my ‘15 3500 pro and cons?
    Grid heater doesn't hurt anything unless it gets clogged up with soot. When you disable/delete the EGR it eliminates sending exhaust through the intake which keeps the grid heater nice and clean.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I have a 2016 2500 and did the lite option delete with DRD with 5" SS exhaust. I ask Ray at DRD this same question and he told me to not waste may money because it would not make any improvements to performance, just dress up. So if you not going for greater HP, you will not need it. Hope this helps.

12. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

You won't really feel any big difference removing all that stuff or even the tuning. Only way you start to notice is after you start swapping transmission parts or a built transmission. To go with the tuning and engine upgrades
    Do they help your engine run cleaner and more efficiently yes

Only thing you'd run into with a grid delete is under about 50° the computer may tell the truck to cycle it on. You need to start the truck before the plug indicator turns off. That is something I was having a problem with and getting a DTC. Starting before it cycles on/off doesn't allow any codes
    When it gets to be winter the truck will be plugged in for sure. Under about 30° to be safe

14. Likes Power247 liked this post