Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First check engine light on my 2012

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

First check engine light on my 2012

I got a p0191 for fuel rail pressure sensor performance code on my truck yesterday. Has anybody had this, and what did the problem end up being for you?

I don't see how my sensor could just go bad at 92k miles.. is this a common problem?

I changed my fuel filter around 2k miles ago

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: First check engine light on my 2012

How did the plug look bud? Any damage or dirty at all? might need a good little cleaning.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    How did the plug look bud? Any damage or dirty at all? might need a good little cleaning.
    I haven't had a chance to look yet, I don't think I've ever had that sensor unplugged so I don't see how that much dirt could have gotten in there to cause a problem.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Sometimes even though it was never unplugged it could still have issues. Some others have also had this issue. Some have found some wires that were loose in the connector. Others have had to replace the whole thing due to the bad fuel they have ran through it constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by bloombloom88 View Post
    I haven't had a chance to look yet, I don't think I've ever had that sensor unplugged so I don't see how that much dirt could have gotten in there to cause a problem.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Likes bloombloom88, Power247 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Sometimes even though it was never unplugged it could still have issues. Some others have also had this issue. Some have found some wires that were loose in the connector. Others have had to replace the whole thing due to the bad fuel they have ran through it constantly.
    Well I STILL have not had time to open my hood and look at the plug on the sensor, I've been crazy busy. But the CEL has come on and gone off several times now, each time with the same code.

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Lift pumps can cause that problem sometimes. The pumps start ot degrade and lift pressure falls off.

What were you doing when this happened?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Lift pumps can cause that problem sometimes. The pumps start ot degrade and lift pressure falls off.

Just normal everyday driving, nothing out of the ordinary

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post

Is there a fairly easy way I can check the pump? The only symptom I've noticed is a little rough idle at a stop light every now and then, other than that she runs so smooth I can't feel anything sitting in my seat.

10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bloombloom88 View Post
    I got a p0191 for fuel rail pressure sensor performance code on my truck yesterday. Has anybody had this, and what did the problem end up being for you?

I don't see how my sensor could just go bad at 92k miles.. is this a common problem?

I changed my fuel filter around 2k miles ago

I've gotten this code before in my 2012 on some of the higher tunes on the RaceME it usually goes away after I clear it. Not sure if this helps??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Thanks bloombloom88 thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Very common code if rail pressure exceeded the relief valve. Most likely if that's the case, just clear the code. Some have replaced the relief valve with a plug, others have put a stiffer spring to make it hold fuel pressure spikes better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

13. Thanks bloombloom88 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast