Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  59
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Get That Billet Flexplate!!!

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: Get That Billet Flexplate!!!

Man there are a bunch of guys talking smack about measurements

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

2. Likes 74Beeper liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Figured I would update this thread..... After a big fiasco and installing the rebuilt converter and pump, then immediately pulling it back out again due to no pump pressure, I finally got my Ram back on the road yesterday...... Ended up just sucking it up and installing a complete RevMax 550 transmission. I sure hope this one holds up. Still in the break in process but will be hooking up my toy hauler in a couple weeks and I'll give a report how she handles it.

The only thing in the oil field that's for sure, is nothing is for sure.......

2017 Ram Laramie Longhorn 2500, Lifted, deleted, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. RevMax Enhanced 68RFE

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

4. Thanks OverkillNeverFails thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, Snow Dodge liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Why no pressure on the rebuilt convertor? Just got my revmax convertor and billet flexplate installed today. I did the valve body about a month and a half ago. I know the trans is still learning but the shifts flare appears to be be gone and it feels like a normal transmission. (Again since we lost the trans parameters with warp thanks to Ram)

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

6. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
    Why no pressure on the rebuilt convertor? Just got my revmax convertor and billet flexplate installed today. I did the valve body about a month and a half ago. I know the trans is still learning but the shifts flare appears to be be gone and it feels like a normal transmission. (Again since we lost the trans parameters with warp thanks to Ram)

When the converter seal failed, i sent in the converter and was advised to send the pump along with it to make sure bits of the damaged seal didn't get lodged inside. Before I pulled it apart the pump pressure was fine but I did what was advised. When I got my TC and pump back from repair/inspection and installed. The trans wouldn't make proper pressure. When I pulled the pan to check the suction filter while troubleshooting the pressure issue, there was clutch material in the pan due to the very low pressure. Not wanting to take any chances, I just pulled the trans again and sent the whole thing into them and they built it into one of their 550's.
    Truck has been down well over 2 months but looks like there may be light at the end of the tunnel..... I just hope it's not a train.

The only thing in the oil field that's for sure, is nothing is for sure.......

2017 Ram Laramie Longhorn 2500, Lifted, deleted, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. RevMax Enhanced 68RFE

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears

7. Likes Power247, Noneck liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Ahhhh Power and the problems it brings.

I ran tons of HP through a stock converter for 70K. Yup the original trans roached at 50K. Put the upgraded version in and all was good till I dumped it. I hated that truck.

I guess I shouldn't have towed in the 200 HP mode.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Likes Power247, Noneck liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Ahhhh Power and the problems it brings.

I ran tons of HP through a stock converter for 70K. Yup the original trans roached at 50K. Put the upgraded version in and all was good till I dumped it. I hated that truck.

I guess I shouldn't have towed in the 200 HP mode.
    2012 68RFE
    I'm not sure if anybody's had this issue or not I have the M3 run on the 120 horse Slips between 1st and 2nd gear at full throttle but will hold 2nd gear just fine if I let it shift at easy throttle

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

11. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

Just some extra F.Y.I. for people following this thread. Here is my situation. I have a 2014 Ram 2500 6.7 with 70000 miles, all stock, bought it 2 years ago and it had 46000 miles on it. I do not pull anything. At 60000 miles, January 2017, had a new short block installed, Warranty covered that. 23AUG17, I had this awful noise coming from the engine area. I immediately drove it 20 miles to the dealership. Report was broke flex plate and in that process it chewed up some bolts, along with messing up a seal. Warranty covered it, great. Fast forward, 04NOV17 same thing, Repeat, Warranty covered. Now, I am hoping it survives, but may need to look into upgrading flex plate or getting into another truck. With all of these issues I am hesitant on deleting any time soon.

12. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Noneck View Post

How are you likeing your rev max converter? I just tuned my truck with drd tunes and hate the rough 3-4 gear shift and no better power than stock. Ray mentioned revmax tc. But before i burn another 2k its gotta remedy this issue.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 RAM 3500 Laramie SPORT CCSB

13. Likes Noneck liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1fstSP View Post
    How are you likeing your rev max converter? I just tuned my truck with drd tunes and hate the rough 3-4 gear shift and no better power than stock. Ray mentioned revmax tc. But before i burn another 2k its gotta remedy this issue.
    Thanks

I just replied to your PM

15. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ligon55 View Post
    Just some extra F.Y.I. for people following this thread. Here is my situation. I have a 2014 Ram 2500 6.7 with 70000 miles, all stock, bought it 2 years ago and it had 46000 miles on it. I do not pull anything. At 60000 miles, January 2017, had a new short block installed, Warranty covered that. 23AUG17, I had this awful noise coming from the engine area. I immediately drove it 20 miles to the dealership. Report was broke flex plate and in that process it chewed up some bolts, along with messing up a seal. Warranty covered it, great. Fast forward, 04NOV17 same thing, Repeat, Warranty covered. Now, I am hoping it survives, but may need to look into upgrading flex plate or getting into another truck. With all of these issues I am hesitant on deleting any time soon.
    UPDATE!!!!! Had my transmission rebuilt in December 2017. Now (July 2018) My Flex Plate is needing replaced AGAIN at 80,400 miles. Will be in shop next week for repairs, also again covered under warranty. Called Chrysler Assistance hotline and now have a case started. Not really sure how much that will help, but we will see. Was told that I can not put an aftermarket Billet Flex Plate on as it would void my warranty. And at this rate it will need to be replaced 2 more times before I get 100,000 miles on it. Then I can put the Billet Flex Plate in on my dime and hope it solves the problem.

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast