Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: G56 shifter

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

G56 shifter

For those guys who has a G56 transmission (6speed manual) I just recently purchased a full one piece stainless steel shifter from Ohio Diesel and I love it..
    First of all I try doing some research on aftermarket shifter and had no much luck on these or the Lazar shifter. I chose the Ohio Diesel one over the Lazar, but but I am sure is really great products I am sure
    Any my experience with the Ohio shifter.. at first I was think if I should buy an other shifter since the OEM shifter has a recall from 2015/2016 year I just got my letter.. for the rubber isolator on the bottom of the shifter may break or get loose.. didn't want that to happen while I'm on the road.. so I bought the Ohio straight stainless steel shifter for $110 shipped to Hawaii Wow can't beat that price shipped to Hawaii.
    When I got it 3days after I ordered it. It took me 5mins to install.. very easy install with two nuts and bolts.
    Driving it for the first time I immediately notice the shifter was more solid.. it make the truck feel more like a truck.. also there is a slight more noise from the trans but not much noticeable.. but if you have you radio on you can't hear it what so ever.. so I don't know much people that don't play the radio while driving LOL.. also if you truck have bigger tires on it I think that more noticeable than the gear noise coming from the shifter.. LOL
    My honest opinion since I have one installed in my truck I think it should of came stock like this.. and I am so happy I purchased this shifter.. thank you Ohio diesel for the great and awesome product..

Well hopefully I try to explain my experience with you guys about the Ohio shifter upgrade.. for those of you guy on the fence about it I think you guys should really get one it's only $110..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: G56 shifter

Quote Originally Posted by Ssbuilt808 View Post
    For those guys who has a G56 transmission (6speed manual) I just recently purchased a full one piece stainless steel shifter from Ohio Diesel and I love it..
    First of all I try doing some research on aftermarket shifter and had no much luck on these or the Lazar shifter. I chose the Ohio Diesel one over the Lazar, but but I am sure is really great products I am sure
    Any my experience with the Ohio shifter.. at first I was think if I should buy an other shifter since the OEM shifter has a recall from 2015/2016 year I just got my letter.. for the rubber isolator on the bottom of the shifter may break or get loose.. didn't want that to happen while I'm on the road.. so I bought the Ohio straight stainless steel shifter for $110 shipped to Hawaii Wow can't beat that price shipped to Hawaii.
    When I got it 3days after I ordered it. It took me 5mins to install.. very easy install with two nuts and bolts.
    Driving it for the first time I immediately notice the shifter was more solid.. it make the truck feel more like a truck.. also there is a slight more noise from the trans but not much noticeable.. but if you have you radio on you can't hear it what so ever.. so I don't know much people that don't play the radio while driving LOL.. also if you truck have bigger tires on it I think that more noticeable than the gear noise coming from the shifter.. LOL
    My honest opinion since I have one installed in my truck I think it should of came stock like this.. and I am so happy I purchased this shifter.. thank you Ohio diesel for the great and awesome product..

Well hopefully I try to explain my experience with you guys about the Ohio shifter upgrade.. for those of you guy on the fence about it I think you guys should really get one it's only $110..

Pics?

Thanks,
    Instagram chris_24v
    2015 2500 cummins, full deletes, Bully Dog and HPP EFI Live. 5" TBE no muffler. Leveled with 35's

Thanks, @Chris_24V
    2016 2500 Big Horn G56
    Instagram @_chris_bowyer_

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: G56 shifter

IMG_2337.JPGIMG_2338.JPGIMG_2339.JPG

Here are some picture.. sorry for the dirty truck it's my work truck need to be cleaned

4. Thanks Chris_24V thanked for this post
    Likes Chris_24V liked this post