Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Front end noise

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Front end noise

When I turn the wheel to the right, mainly when it's sitting still, I hear a thump noise(thump, bang, thud etc). No vibration when I'm driving at any speed, no road walking or any other problems. The weather isn't cooperating so I haven't jacked it up or visually inspected it yet. Any suggestions on what to check first?

2014 2500 CC Bright White 4x4 68RFE 3.42
    MM3 by DRD 4" TBE,
    Air lift 5000 Ultimate by DDP
    16K Super Glide 5er hitch

2. Top Of Page | #2

Re: Front end noise

I had a similar thing happening and it was the track bar bolt. I torqued it and its been good so far.

2019 Ram 2500. 8” FTS Lift. 38x15.50 Fury MT’s on 26x14 XF Offroad wheels.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4/Raceme Ultra with DRD WARP tunes/EGR, Throttle Valve, DPF Delete, 4'' FloPro/5'' Rough Country Lift Kit with 37's on 22" Fuel Flow

3. Thanks Elliss thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Definitely check the track bar bolt as well as the tie rod ends and clamps. You will need to have someone look at them or jack the truck up and move the wheels side to side and look for them moving. Look for any kind of rust as well under there that may be from something moving and wearing the paint off.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Thanks Elliss thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Definitely check the track bar bolt as well as the tie rod ends and clamps. You will need to have someone look at them or jack the truck up and move the wheels side to side and look for them moving. Look for any kind of rust as well under there that may be from something moving and wearing the paint off.
    Copy that, thanks. I went to yer website and checked on the track bar just to see exactly which one it was. Great website BTW, I'm sure I'll be a customer soon!

2014 2500 CC Bright White 4x4 68RFE 3.42
    MM3 by DRD 4" TBE,
    Air lift 5000 Ultimate by DDP
    16K Super Glide 5er hitch

7. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

yup

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Likes walla2k5 liked this post