Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lug nut size

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Lug nut size

What size would it be to take these lug nuts off? 22mm deep well? When I bought the truck it didn’t have the socket required to take them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Lug nut size

Those are a special lug nut usually found at Discount Tire. I bought a replacement from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Are they all the same or is the internal nubs spaced differently or different spaces between them ?

With the past locking lugs I've had in the past, they were spaced differently and some with different lengths. They had a code to identify which lugs they fit, are these the same or all common ?

After thought: If your not going to keep them, what about something like this: https://www.amazon.com/slp/rounded-b...a9envgnasay73n

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Are they all the same or is the internal nubs spaced differently or different spaces between them ?

With the past locking lugs I've had in the past, they were spaced differently and some with different lengths. They had a code to identify which lugs they fit, are these the same or all common ?

After thought: If your not going to keep them, what about something like this: https://www.amazon.com/slp/rounded-b...a9envgnasay73n
    All 8 lug nuts are the same and spaced evenly. However when you take the cap off the rim there is more lug nuts. What the heck is that about. Here is a picture of the ones behind the cap.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Are the nuts inside the rim cap for the caliper?

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

The ones behind the cap hold the axle in the housing. That's a full floating axle.
    You can remove those and slide the axle out each side vs having to remove a retainer from the center section of the axle. The big hub that the bolts are threaded into is the bearing hub.

7. Likes bobby.bettinger liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 16 Cummins View Post
    The ones behind the cap hold the axle in the housing. That's a full floating axle.
    You can remove those and slide the axle out each side vs having to remove a retainer from the center section of the axle. The big hub that the bolts are threaded into is the bearing hub.
    Oh alright. So the 8 lug nuts on the outside will take off just my rim and tire? I know this is a dumb question, but never seen nuts inside a cap like that before.

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

You are correct. You just need to remove the 8 lug nuts to get the wheel and tire off.

10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post

Yes indeed bro those are a must have for any toolbox worth there weight in gold

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

11. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post
    Those are a special lug nut usually found at Discount Tire. I bought a replacement from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I’ve never seen these they look interesting bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast