Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Everyday tune

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Everyday tune

Getting ready to pull the trigger on an MM3 full package from Ray and Flopro 4" downpipe back with an aeroturbine 4040xl. Plan on a EGR deactivation for now, but will do a full EGR delete in the near future. I have no other mods (head studs, etc) and was wondering what everyone was running as far as a daily driving tune. I want reliability and longevity over "look at me" power, though I do like to get in it every now and again. Most I'd be towing is a couple quads on a 10' landscape trailer every other week. The full tune includes 12v and whistle tunes, but only at one power level, so I would obviously want them available on the tune I would be using the most. I see most guys run a low hp tune when towing, so I could bump down to the 30hp tune for that. Would I be better off running the 60 or 90hp tune for my daily driving given my stated goals?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Everyday tune

Ray's tunes from 30HP to 120HP can be run on a stock truck. Lot's of people set their ECM file to 90HP for daily. There is no wrong way to pick what you want. All preference.

We hope that helps you.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thanks, it does help. I was leaning toward the 90, seems like a good compromise between power and safety. I still don't quite understand the whole ECM/base tune vs RT. If I can tune on the fly and set the tune for every key on, does it matter what power level the base tune is? Just trying to get as much knowledge base before I go messing about with things I don't quite understand.

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Your ECM is key on before the tuner is turned on. The ECM file has your trans tuning and such in it when key is on.

One truck is running and tuner booted up then you can switch over to other tunes in real time.

*Get exclusive benefits by signing up as Lifetime Platinum Member today*

"The grass is greener where you water it"

7. Thanks Jake94134 thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

With my truck and driving I run 200hp daily right now while not hauling. Gives me the best mileage/performance. 09 mega cab on 35's

I asked Ray if he could do a tune in between his 120hp base and my 200hp. Something in the 150-175hp range and play around with the parameters. When he gets a little time to write it I'll see if it does any better than the 200hp does

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    With my truck and driving I run 200hp daily right now while not hauling. Gives me the best mileage/performance. 09 mega cab on 35's

I asked Ray if he could do a tune in between his 120hp base and my 200hp. Something in the 150-175hp range and play around with the parameters. When he gets a little time to write it I'll see if it does any better than the 200hp does
    Do you have supporting mods (built trans, headstuds, etc)? I'm no tuning pro, but that seems like a pretty hot tune for a daily driver.

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jake94134 View Post
    Do you have supporting mods (built trans, headstuds, etc)? I'm no tuning pro, but that seems like a pretty hot tune for a daily driver.
    Basic mods. CAI, elbow, full deletes and exhaust
    I finally have trans tuning but had to get a TCM from HPP since RaceME doesn't support these years

Only trans mods I plan on are VB, TC and FP
    I'll do studs when I do my turbo

11. Thanks Jake94134 thanked for this post
    Likes Jake94134 liked this post