Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Push button start

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Push button start

Anyone had the normal key phob and swapped to the push button start. I searched it on here and haven’t really found anything on it, if anyone has does the dealership have to do anything like put in a service code or is it a pretty straight forward install?

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Push button start

Quote Originally Posted by Cweaver View Post
    Anyone had the normal key phob and swapped to the push button start. I searched it on here and haven’t really found anything on it, if anyone has does the dealership have to do anything like put in a service code or is it a pretty straight forward install?
    I wish I could swap mine from fob to push start but it can’t be done because I have a G56.
    I’m sure you would have to get it programmed at the dealership. Everything runs off the computer now a days...

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Likes david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    I wish I could swap mine from fob to push start but it can’t be done because I have a G56.
    I’m sure you would have to get it programmed at the dealership. Everything runs off the computer now a days...

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....
    I don’t see why you couldn’t have push button start b/c it’s a manual, I know you can’t have remote start but are you sure you can’t have push start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Well i don’t know about the new ones but the older trucks just find the 12v wire to the starter send it to a button and 12v from a keyed positive and there you go

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mdog892001 View Post
    Well i don’t know about the new ones but the older trucks just find the 12v wire to the starter send it to a button and 12v from a keyed positive and there you go

I think I read ur post wrong

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mdog892001 View Post
    I think I read ur post wrong

Idk I’m talking about the factory push button start that you have to have the key fob a certain distance or it won’t start

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cweaver View Post
    I don’t see why you couldn’t have push button start b/c it’s a manual, I know you can’t have remote start but are you sure you can’t have push start?

According to the dealership they can’t install them on G56 trucks at least that was what I was told...

Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post

Why not on a manual truck?

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

15. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by david3gen View Post
    Why not on a manual truck?

They said the push button start comes with remote start and it being a manual they can not install it.

17. Thanks david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen liked this post