Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  11

Thread: 4th gen exhaust

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

4th gen exhaust

Hey all,

I'm new to the forum and have searched quite a bit, but I have not found what I'm looking for. I have a 2010 crew cab ram that has been deleted. I'm running the flo pro 5 inch turbo back exhaust and it's starting to get on my nerves. I want to make it quieter but still keep the deep throaty sound. What are some options that are relatively easy to install with my current system?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 4th gen exhaust

Welcome to the forum!

Is there something specific about your current exhaust setup? Possible solutions are adding a muffler to control drone or adding sound deadening to the cab to make it quieter on the inside.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I have the 4" Flo-Pro and factory muffler. Sounds good without being loud. Do get a bit of a drone when towing in fifth gear at 2100 rpm.

2010 RAM 3500 DRW CC LB. RaceMe Ultra Sinister EGR/Cooler Delete, RaceMe EGT, 4" Flo-Pro CAT-To-Factory Muffler
    Pulling a 2011 HitchHiker 31.5 UKTG Fifth Wheel
    Full-time RVer since 9/22/14

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Just installed a 4" downpipe back flo-pro no muffler system over the weekend. Maybe I am getting old but it is much louder than stock with normal driving, to me the drone and vibration in the cab is too much. When I talk on the phone through the bluetooth the people can hear it on the other end and using the truck for business is not too good. The more I drive it the more I like it but I think I need the muffler. I ordered a Flo-pro 6195 and will try to get a sound clip before and after.

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I installed a Flo-Pro 6195 muffler and the drone in the cab is gone, it is quieter than straight but louder than stock, here is the video of the sound from the tailpipe...

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Opie011 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247, Stevent85, Opie011 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
    I installed a Flo-Pro 6195 muffler and the drone in the cab is gone, it is quieter than straight but louder than stock, here is the video of the sound from the tailpipe...

Thanks for the video, this helps a lot! Still trying to save for everything but I think I want a muffler now!

Does flo pro make a delete/race pipes with a muffler? I Don't want a downpipe back system as I'll have to put the DPF/scr back in every other year for emissions. What my best and cheapest option for an exhaust? I'm thinking this kit might be my best option.

http://mbrpexhauststore.com/mbrp-com...er-409-cds9442

13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post

I like my 5"Flo Pro TBE just straight pipe first section that's it no muffler no other length of pipe

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post