Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  11
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Revmax vb on new truck?

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Revmax vb on new truck?

Quote Originally Posted by Sausage View Post
    My Trk is not deleted if I get the RevMax Valve Body and put on my Un-Tuned Trk will I need to tune the transmission or not
    You will need tuning In order for line pressure to be increased

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

I understand but can I install and run factory line pressure until I delete

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sausage View Post
    I understand but can I install and run factory line pressure until I delete
    You probably could but why? I'd just buy and install with deletes when it could actually be used.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #24
    Permanent Vacation Cascade Trans Parts's Avatar

User Info Menu

Hey all , just a head up on these trucks most of the 68RFE stock valve bodies are running Stiff Rigid Brown Polymer Pistons.

We are seeing these crack , fracture , flip in the bore and some even seize in the bore itself where the accumulator body is destroyed.

We are working on billet pistons for these , and have good used ones for the interim.

If you push the line pressure you will have an issue with these pistons , additionally that plate must be upgraded.

If you want an affordable update until you go with a high end complete valve body check out the below Transgo Kits.

They have the accumulator ring expanders which help hold line pressure on those pistons and the kits include a Heavy Duty Plate Kit.

http://www.cascadetransmissionparts....eshiftkit.aspx

http://www.cascadetransmissionparts....pgradekit.aspx

There's some fantastic additional upgrades on the horizon for the transmission industry, but a few months to go yet.

We did just get in the new Sonnax Extreme Input Drum , it should be on the site soon.

Sorry to step in on this older post , just my $ .02

5. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Dawgs Performance View Post
    Transmission Tune, VB work and a new torque converter.

Diesel Dawgs Performance
    (828)399-1556
    Does a tranny shop need to do reprogramming if you only change the VB and converter? I assume no. I just tell Ray what I did and that I need a new tune for my MM3. Is that right? Thanks...

2014 Laramie 2500 CCSB - DRD MM3 Tuning, H&S SX-E 66mm Turbo Kit (DRD Giveaway #2), RevMax VB, Goerend Low Stall Converter & Billet Input Shaft, CA625 Head Studs, Custom Offsets MKW M95 Wheels, Nitto 11.5x35-R20 Ridge Grapplers, Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrapped Rockers, Wrapped Bumpers & Grille, Thuren Springs & Swaybar, Phantom Sun Light Bar, Westin Rear Booster Pods, Retroshop HIDs & Fogs & Backup LEDs, Wireless Air Lift 5000, Flo-Pro 4" SST Exhaust, FTEDiesel 30" resonator, AMP Bed Step, Rebadged, Truxport Tonneau, Undercoated, Alpine Sub & Amp, and more. Matt 22:37, Proverbs 16:24

6. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade Trans Parts View Post
    Hey all , just a head up on these trucks most of the 68RFE stock valve bodies are running Stiff Rigid Brown Polymer Pistons.

We are seeing these crack , fracture , flip in the bore and some even seize in the bore itself where the accumulator body is destroyed.

We are working on billet pistons for these , and have good used ones for the interim.

If you push the line pressure you will have an issue with these pistons , additionally that plate must be upgraded.

If you want an affordable update until you go with a high end complete valve body check out the below Transgo Kits.

They have the accumulator ring expanders which help hold line pressure on those pistons and the kits include a Heavy Duty Plate Kit.

http://www.cascadetransmissionparts....eshiftkit.aspx

http://www.cascadetransmissionparts....pgradekit.aspx

There's some fantastic additional upgrades on the horizon for the transmission industry, but a few months to go yet.

We did just get in the new Sonnax Extreme Input Drum , it should be on the site soon.

Sorry to step in on this older post , just my $ .02
    Thanks bud for all that new info on our transmissions and upgrades for future and present

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

7. Likes Muskiebri liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

I believe you are correct just talk to Ray and he will hook you up bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

9. Thanks Muskiebri thanked for this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123