Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  63
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me fall in love again, or time to move on?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Help me fall in love again, or time to move on?

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    I feel like we would have similar (obv we do with the 4d longbox) - There is a fine line between badass and work truck....you want purdy badass! I have resisted the full replacement bumpers all the way around and headache racks. Like you were saying if you level it with some larger tires to make it have an aggressive stance with some other tasteful mods (maybe cab lights? light bar between hooks?) I am very happy with the AMP steps - pricey but worth the $$ IMO....I don't always feel like hopping up in the seat and you dont know they are there looking from the side!
    Agreed! Sounds like we're very much on the same page. Cannot agree more on the fine line between work truck and badass. I like your lighting (could REALLY use them around here) and AMP steps. Hmm....

Thanks again Tex

PS: Got a link with some pics or specs of your build? I really like what I see in your profile pic. Nice!

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigJ View Post
    Agreed! Sounds like we're very much on the same page. Cannot agree more on the fine line between work truck and badass. I like your lighting (could REALLY use them around here) and AMP steps. Hmm....

Thanks again Tex

PS: Got a link with some pics or specs of your build? I really like what I see in your profile pic. Nice!
    Hey man so if you had a raptor it beat the piss out of it like you have said and would like to still be able to go off road similar to that have you ever heard of Carli Suspension? They make bad *** kits for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gens; kits range from a performance leveling kit to performance long travel kits. I know @DudesDieselPerformance can get you setup with Carli products if you would like man. They make some serious kits look them up whenever you have the chance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

4. Likes BigJ, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigJ View Post

Thanks again Tex

Nothing too official- I need to add some pics to my profile- here are a couple I snapped tonight- some info in my signature- pm me if you’d like any specifics and I can take a look. At 6’9” you can likely skip the steps!

Lights on the grill are about to come off...I’m going to add some more white on bumper- always a work in progress to keep the flame ignited

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks watersupply189, BigJ thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Jaxonsram, BigJ liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

If your truck Isn’t deleted and tuned I would start there with mm3 and DRD tunes the driveability is night and day from a stock truck some carli or Thuren suspension are awesome suspension even for leveling and will make the truck feel like a half ton I have pure performance and the ride is spectacular but slightly stiffer than carli and Thuren so still maintains some of it payload and ability to tow it will feel like a brand new truck without having to start over I think anyone who goes from a diesel to smaller half ton will definitely miss there diesel truck just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

In Wyoming we like to have a nice truck, a beater truck (plow truck/firewood/hunting), and a POS car for daily driving. I would keep it and get a cheap run around car. If you don't, you'll need that truck to tow something, and it will be gone.

Diesel Master Tech Certified - ICML Machinery Lube Certified

2002 QCLB 2500 5.9 HO NV5600 =
    Ranch truck with CM Flatbed, DPS Exh/Int Manifolds, Boost Elbow
    2018 CCLB 2500 ST 6.7 G56 = Glacier intake manifold & horn, Flo-pro 4" SS, MM3 with DRD 30hp tune, Valair quiet dual disc clutch, Laramie 18's powder coated black and blackout badges

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    I was in love with my truck the first time I saw it and that was months before I bought it. A few mods that I have done to keep the flame lit was upgrading the radio and speakers,. Adding auxiliary lighting and most recently I added 20s and 35s last winter and I am in love yet again. So much so now that I can't even imagine owning a different truck right now.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...cade3e9a4f.jpg

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
    Do you have hideaway steps? If so what kind.

12 RAM 2500, MM3/DRD, 625 ARP Studs, RevMax VB

12. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxonsram View Post
    Do you have hideaway steps? If so what kind.

Yes I do. They are Amp steps and I will never own another truck without them.

Greg

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

14. Thanks Jaxonsram thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    Yes I do. They are Amp steps and I will never own another truck without them.

Greg
    Same here! They are pricey but worth it. I was able to find them on sale and 4WP had a special with free install so they are hardwired in. Super clean looking and easier to get in the truck than traditional nerf steps

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

16. Likes watersupply189, Power247, Jaxonsram liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Same here! They are pricey but worth it. I was able to find them on sale and 4WP had a special with free install so they are hardwired in. Super clean looking and easier to get in the truck than traditional nerf steps
    When you say hard wired in! Where did they wire them into.

12 RAM 2500, MM3/DRD, 625 ARP Studs, RevMax VB

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxonsram View Post
    When you say hard wired in! Where did they wire them into.

If you still have your '12 hardwiring is the only option I think. But it's super simple... All the wires needing to be tapped are located in the fuse box under the hood.

Greg

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

20. Thanks Jaxonsram thanked for this post
    Likes Jaxonsram, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast