Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  25
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Help

I don't know if this is the right room to post in but here it goes cause I need help. I have a 2015 2500 cummins and just bought a 5" turbo back exhaust, edge juice with attitude programmer, and 100ohm sims for the DPF delete so it stays out of Regen. Is this all I would need for my truck to be fully operational again after the delete? As far as I know the only thing I should be left with is a cel because of the sims. need help in case cause I plan on doing the delete soon just making sure I have all I need since it's my daily and don't wanna be stuck in limp mode or be disabled in General.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Help

Sims don’t work on the 13-Up trucks. You have to tune to turn off the DPF, SCR, and Urea injection systems. The Edge programmer won’t do anything but maybe unlock the ECM (depends on the model) so you can use a legitimate tuner and add some generic canned tunes.

What you need to do is research and contact a reputable vendor to buy an actual delete package. Since you already have the exhaust you can save some coin there.

‘15 Ram 2500 CC/SWB 4x4 Tradesman 6.7/68RFE, 285/70r17 Firestone Destination MT2s, BD Throttle Sensitivity Booster, Stealth Module, Westin Max winch carrier and bull bar, Feniex Typhoon handheld, Federal Viper lighting.

3. Likes Rob See liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Horseman View Post
    Sims don’t work on the 13-Up trucks. You have to tune to turn off the DPF, SCR, and Urea injection systems. The Edge programmer won’t do anything but maybe unlock the ECM (depends on the model) so you can use a legitimate tuner and add some generic canned tunes.

What you need to do is research and contact a reputable vendor to buy an actual delete package. Since you already have the exhaust you can save some coin there.

‘15 Ram 2500 CC/SWB 4x4 Tradesman 6.7/68RFE, 285/70r17 Firestone Destination MT2s, BD Throttle Sensitivity Booster, Stealth Module, Westin Max winch carrier and bull bar, Feniex Typhoon handheld, Federal Viper lighting.
    The programmer I already have is the edge juice with attitude cts2. Idk what all it's capable of just quite yet.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

It’ll have canned Edge tunes, which doesn’t include trans tuning for the 68 and probably an ECM unlock. But it does not have the capability to turn off the emissions components. You have to use EFI Live or MM3 tuner with custom delete tunes to do what you want to do.

6. Thanks Cory's Cummins thanked for this post
    Likes Rob See liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cory's Cummins View Post
    The programmer I already have is the edge juice with attitude cts2. Idk what all it's capable of just quite yet.

@Rebel Horseman covered all the details. I'll just add that if you really want to delete, I suggest returning the Edge products if you have an option to do so. Just too bad you didn't get on here to ask before you made your purchases.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

8. Likes watersupply189, BraedenDore, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Power247;108518]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory's Cummins View Post

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE @Rebel Horseman covered all the details. I'll just add that if you really want to delete, I suggest returning the Edge products if you have an option to do so. Just too bad you didn't get on here to ask before you made your purchases.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
    X2 what Greg said get rid of edge return it or sell it and get MM3 tuner tuned by Ray at DRD who is the best in the tuning world hands down he will hook you up

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

For 13+ the edge isn’t anything other than a monitor. You need something that can unlock your ECM and then you need somebody to tune it or something like the raceme is just generic box tunes. If you looking to delete you might as well just get custom tuning and just like @HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN said, Ray is top notch.

2016 3500 CCLB AS69RC 3:42 | MM3 Tuned by DoubleRDiesel | 5" Flopro TBE | Thuren Leveling Springs | Fox 2.0 Performance Shocks | Thuren Adjustable Track Bar |

2016 3500 SRW CCLB 3:42 AS69RC. 5" Flopro straight pipe, MM3 tuned by DoubleRDiesel. Plans for a 700+hp daily driver.

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I definitely agree. Although edge products are awesome, you will get the most out of custom tuning. Double R Diesel is who we love to choose if people can add it to the budget. You definitely get what you pay for and every penny is worth it when it comes to custom tuning. That's why we proudly sell their tunes! They stand behind it and help the dealers out as well with any problems.

The best way in our opinion to make sure you won't get left stranded or have any issues further down the road is to go ahead and get the full EGR upgrade kit which has the the block off plates that take place of the egr and the coolant bypass hose. The least amount of restriction the better! When you have those removed your tuner will already have the programming built in to not give you any check engine lights that have to do with that system.

Feel free to message me for any other questions you might have my friend! I look forward to hearing from ya.

Thanks,
    Clayton

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I 2nd the tuning with @Double R Diesel. I run his tuning and love it. Thinking of deleting soon, but running his EGR-less and I am very happy!

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

13. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I agree with all that is said. Ray at DRD and his tuning is the ONLY way to go! You can not beat his excellent customer service!!! I’m running the EGRless and I’m very happy with it. Will do a full delete as soon as the warranty expires

2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Laramie Cummins, G56, Rough Country Leveling, MM3 EGRless Tuned by Double R Diesel

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

15. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast