Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alfaobd must have!

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Alfaobd must have!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, this is interesting because this completely changes a lot of factors; assuming of course that it actually works as described.

Is there a mention of VSIM or Aux Switches in there?

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

@Supergf350 I'm directing @bighorntactical to this thread as he attempted to use the Alfa OBD to modify the TIPM on his 2012 for power folding mirrors without success.

You seem to be having better success with this on your truck, maybe you can offer some insight.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    @Supergf350 I'm directing @bighorntactical to this thread as he attempted to use the Alfa OBD to modify the TIPM on his 2012 for power folding mirrors without success.

You seem to be having better success with this on your truck, maybe you can offer some insight.
    Anything i can do to help

2012 RAM 3500 CCLB, G56, South Bend DD Ceramic, Deletes, MM3 with DRD Tunes, Headstuds, 4" Exhaust, 8" Mcgaughy's Long Arm Lift, 22.5 alcoas, 3.42 Gears, Recon Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light.

2008 RAM 3500 Mega, 68RFE, Leveling Kit, 35" Comforsers, Deletes, Headstuds, Smarty JR67 Pre-Emissions Law, Edge Insight, Airbags, AFE intake, 5" Exhaust.

4. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #14

RamIT thx for the referral appreciate it, I'll reach out to supergf350 when I'm back in the office

6. Thanks Supergf350 thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt, Supergf350 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, this is interesting because this completely changes a lot of factors; assuming of course that it actually works as described.

Is there a mention of VSIM or Aux Switches in there?
    Yes, i saw the option to enable aux switches, under 2013-2017 theres a but ton more options and of course more items to enable to get one option to work. I did see the vsim stuff in there but not messing with any option unless i know what it is/does. Unfortunately 2010-2012 ram has no support for led enabled tail lights or turn signals, only in 2013-2017. Pic is of the skim setting if that was what you were referring to.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2012 RAM 3500 CCLB, G56, South Bend DD Ceramic, Deletes, MM3 with DRD Tunes, Headstuds, 4" Exhaust, 8" Mcgaughy's Long Arm Lift, 22.5 alcoas, 3.42 Gears, Recon Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light.

2008 RAM 3500 Mega, 68RFE, Leveling Kit, 35" Comforsers, Deletes, Headstuds, Smarty JR67 Pre-Emissions Law, Edge Insight, Airbags, AFE intake, 5" Exhaust.

8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Supergf350 View Post
    Yes, i saw the option to enable aux switches, under 2013-2017 theres a but ton more options and of course more items to enable to get one option to work. I did see the vsim stuff in there but not messing with any option unless i know what it is/does. Unfortunately 2010-2012 ram has no support for led enabled tail lights or turn signals, only in 2013-2017. Pic is of the skim setting if that was what you were referring to.
    So VSIM is for upfitter things and the aux switches are the ones that go on the dash from the factory. The standing fact with it was that neither could be added outside of the factory because those 2 options have to be hard coded into the truck....if the Alfa can actually enable that functionality, that would be impressive because even Ram itself has stated on record that it's impossible to add either after the truck leaves the assembly line.

9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

So VSIM is for upfitter things and the aux switches are the ones that go on the dash from the factory. The standing fact with it was that neither could be added outside of the factory because those 2 options have to be hard coded into the truck....if the Alfa can actually enable that functionality, that would be impressive because even Ram itself has stated on record that it's impossible to add either after the truck leaves the assembly line.
    I found this under bcm for 2013-2017 1-4 snow plow switches which i think is the aux switches for those years. 2010-2012 im still looking but there is a big difference between 10-12 and 13-17 bcms something about the high speed canbus on the newer stuff

Attached Images Attached Images

10. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Also have vsim access for 2013-2017

11. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Supergf350 View Post
    Also have vsim access for 2013-2017
    This is very interesting as this would completely contradict Ram Body Builder's statement about the VSIM. This would be huge for people that weren't able to get upfitter equipment for one reason or another.

12. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Subscribing!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast