Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  37
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tune for Delete

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: Tune for Delete

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    That alone, helps. Why/when do you run 90 on the freeway? Just to have some occasional fun and accelerating around traffic?

Also, when would(if ever) you use the 120?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    If used responsibly the higher HP tunes will give you slightly higher MPG. Personally I have not felt the need to run the 120 HP setting. The EGT probe is also a nice addition to keep an eye on the EGT’s especially when towing or running the higher HP tunes.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2. Likes Hoseman liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    If used responsibly the higher HP tunes will give you slightly higher MPG. Personally I have not felt the need to run the 120 HP setting. The EGT probe is also a nice addition to keep an eye on the EGT’s especially when towing or running the higher HP tunes.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Does the EGT come with the MM3 upon order? Or is that an extra part to order as well?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Comes with if you include in your order.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

5. Thanks jgruberman thanked for this post
    Likes jgruberman liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Awesome! Thanks so much for all the help, I feel much more confident about the whole process. Last question - do I need to remove the DEF tank? Why or why not? Thank you!

7. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    Awesome! Thanks so much for all the help, I feel much more confident about the whole process. Last question - do I need to remove the DEF tank? Why or why not? Thank you!
    It’s up to you. If you think you’ll ever reinstall the factory stuff you’ll need to flush it with distilled water otherwise it’ll crystallize. If you don’t think you’ll ever go back to stock for any reason you can drain it and leave it or remove it altogether.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

No need to remove the DEF tank. I left mine in place some have removed it to free up space and added air compressor in that area.

10. Thanks jgruberman thanked for this post
    Likes jgruberman liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

Awesome! So correct me if I'm wrong, but to confirm I have followed these past few days... the process is as straightforward as:
    1. Install EGR Bypass Kit/Delete EGR
    2. Remove all exhaust from Turbo downpipe back (and optionally remove DEF tank)
    3. Install new exhaust
    4. Install MM3 Programmer and program ECM with tune

Right?

12. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

good info just getting started

13. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

Install tuner first and load your tune files. Make sure truck starts and runs before removing any hard parts. That way, if there's a tuning issue, you're not stuck without your truck. Not likely to happen, but a good practice.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

15. Likes cumminsdieselfreak, AK Bob, walla2k5 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    Install tuner first and load your tune files. Make sure truck starts and runs before removing any hard parts. That way, if there's a tuning issue, you're not stuck without your truck. Not likely to happen, but a good practice.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Great idea and tip! So in that case, my steps should be:

1. Install MM3 Programmer and program ECM with tune (should I remove my EGR/DEF/DPF here or wait until parts are installed?)
    2. Install EGR Bypass Kit/Delete EGR
    3. Remove all exhaust from Turbo downpipe back (and optionally remove DEF tank)
    4. Install new exhaust

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast