Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  30
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello I hope to gain or provide useful and factual information with fellow enthusias

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Hello I hope to gain or provide useful and factual information with fellow enthusias

hey bud!! Welcome!! @whiteanvil

Dude's Diesel Performance
    281-895-DUDE (3833)
    https://www.dudesdieselperformance.com

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Re: Hello I hope to gain or provide useful and factual information with fellow enthu

Welcome!!

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Re: Hello I hope to gain or provide useful and factual information with fellow enthu

Welcome

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 16 Cummins View Post
    Welcome to igotacummins!
    I had looked into doing the same type swap a couple years ago. My understanding is that two wheel drives have a different frame than a four wheel drive.
    You can swap the frame or use leaf springs on the front off of a Ford. Just need to weld hangars on frame and perches on Front axle. Google it for clarification. If you just want a near stock height, you should be able to get stock springs cheap. I put a 4" lift on a 03 F250 and threw away my stock springs after tripping over them for a year.
    I appreciate your information this is the first bit that I must process. I did not know the frame is different on the same year 2nd gen between 4 wheel drive and 2 wheel drive models. So I must do more research or have more given information and it is not about ride height at all it is simply the use of four wheel drive and the scope my truck's daily chores. I understand a transfer case as well as other four-wheel-drive specific parts are required, it's just the details that I need and do not have. Welder fabricator by trade there's not much that I I'm limited by as far as that goes- custom is my kind of ****.

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

8. Likes Snow Dodge, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

As a welder, you should have no problems. I think the frame difference doesn't allow bolting in a factory 4x4 front diff with factory 4x4 suspension. I would think the transfer case would bolt to your trans by removing tail shaft end. I had pondered on doing this when my neighbor was selling his 95 2 wheel drive 12 valve.
    Best of luck to you and keep us up to date with pics!

10. Likes Snow Dodge, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks for the reply it seems that I I'm really going to have to come with it to get this done actually I'm not even sure what axles I have other than they came from the same truck so I know they match and just getting the rear installed will help me tremendously seeing that I have somewhere near 5 rotations of drive shaft to one of the rear and that's a lot

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Hello and welcome @whiteanvil
    Enjoy our forum !

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

14. Likes Snow Dodge, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12