Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel gauge won't go full

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Fuel gauge won't go full

Hey just got my truck back from the shop getting fass fuel pump and raceme ultra and deleted and just filled up with diesel fuel and now the fuel gauge only goes to 3/4 and the fuel range sais 300 miles.... what could possibly cause this? Maybe draw straw interfering with the float?

2015 3500 Cummins w/ aisin, Kore leveling kit, bilstien 5100 shocks, 35x12.5r20 duratracs, fuel kleavers, buschwacker max coverage flares, 40" curved rough country light bar in bumper, putco silver lux led headlights, air lift rear air bags wirelessONE with onboard air, carli track bar, carli lower steering stabalizer, synergy steering box brace, afe cold air intake, raceme ultra with warp tuning by double r diesel, 5" TBE flo pro, full pusher intake, fass 150.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Fuel gauge won't go full

Something like that with the fass install is my guess also.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Possibly yes sir. That float has to be dang near perfectly aligned. Sometimes there will be a mark on top of the tank. Try busting loose the top ring around the top and you should be able to somewhat turn it if I'm not mistsken. Also try feeling for one type of raised Mark on top of the tank. That will be your alignment Mark if you have one.

Dude's Diesel Performance
    281-895-DUDE (3833)

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Polaraco, DcLOLinger thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Snow Dodge, Polaraco liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Possibly yes sir. That float has to be dang near perfectly aligned. Sometimes there will be a mark on top of the tank. Try busting loose the top ring around the top and you should be able to somewhat turn it if I'm not mistsken. Also try feeling for one type of raised Mark on top of the tank. That will be your alignment Mark if you have one.

Dude's Diesel Performance
    281-895-DUDE (3833)
    I concur

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Thanks DDP, DcLOLinger thanked for this post
    Likes DDP liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I second third and forth it......
    Thank God I can do my own work !

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MrCrowley View Post
    I live in a studio apartment so it'd be hard to do my own fass pump in the parking lot LOL. But problem is fixed now

2015 3500 Cummins w/ aisin, Kore leveling kit, bilstien 5100 shocks, 35x12.5r20 duratracs, fuel kleavers, buschwacker max coverage flares, 40" curved rough country light bar in bumper, putco silver lux led headlights, air lift rear air bags wirelessONE with onboard air, carli track bar, carli lower steering stabalizer, synergy steering box brace, afe cold air intake, raceme ultra with warp tuning by double r diesel, 5" TBE flo pro, full pusher intake, fass 150.

11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Funny...,,. When I was young and had nowhere to work on my car I would rent. A storage unit. First month was free rent LOL.

Something to keep in mind for next time....Glad u are squared away

12. Thanks DDP thanked for this post
    Likes DDP, DcLOLinger liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Funny...,,. When I was young and had nowhere to work on my car I would rent. A storage unit. First month was free rent LOL.

Something to keep in mind for next time....Glad u are squared away

Never thought about that. I'll keep it in mind! Haha

14. Top Of Page | #9
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

...,,. When I was young ....

Ahhhhhh another one from 'OUR' era ..........

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

15. Likes MrCrowley liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I stopped doing my own because of physical restraints. What used to take me 2 hours, now takes 2 days. I recently sent my truck out and got hosed for a simple job. I guess I'll have to get jacked up on my happy pills and go back to doing my own.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast