Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  32
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raceme update

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Raceme update

Installed raceme ultra with 5"flo pro turbo back exhaust. Install was straight forward, many post and threads on here to walk you trough it. Once programmed started with 120 hp tune was fun went to add transmission tune and truck had a fit dash flashing and truck shut off. Quick text to Ray and found problem raceme had not been updated. No problem took out trans tune and all was good. Only issue was truck seemed too,quick shift. Downloading new file was A little bit of a challenge for a non computer guy. Thankfully wife is handy with computer. File downloaded to sd card and raceme would not recognize it. After a couple unsuccessful tries post a post to the forum and get a helpful hint to unplug obd cable and bam it worked. My recommendation is never flat foot skinny pedal as the transmission does not like it, roll into throttle and hold one truck will set you back in the seat. That is on 120hp tune. And the good news is the lie meter says I've gained two mpg's since yesterday. Thanks to @Double R Diesel and @DanO

2015 2500 CCSW Outdoorsman black badging, ram matts black steps, XD Crank 801's with 35/12.50/18 Toyo MT's, tinted widows, BDS 2" leveling kit with shocks race me ultra, flo pro 5" turbo back exhaust

2. Thanks DanO thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Hey bud just remember the trans goes through a relearn basiclly so be easy for about 30 miles or I think has been the recommendation.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    Hey bud just remember the trans goes through a relearn basiclly so be easy for about 30 miles or I think has been the recommendation.
    Yes I knew that and have been easy with it after the first 30 miles tried playing with power and with the trans slippage setting you can really see why it's bad so if truck is in lock up which is 4 gear now in regular mode it pulls hard. I got the programmer for delete and a little more tow power. So I should be safe LOL

2015 2500 CCSW Outdoorsman black badging, ram matts black steps, XD Crank 801's with 35/12.50/18 Toyo MT's, tinted widows, BDS 2" leveling kit with shocks race me ultra, flo pro 5" turbo back exhaust

5. Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

After using the truck for work today I can say it hauls the work trailer awesome! Talked with Ray today and all the settings are right on. Love the truck performance have no idea why the choke them down so much from the factory. I'm running the 150hp tune run easy throttle and get no black smoke. All I can say is raceme is going to be well worth the money.

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Good deal! Haha the wifey gets a good bonus next week so I'm hoping I can get her to give me a bigger allowance this month lmfao!!

8. Likes DanO, oneshotkyle liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Good deal! Haha the wifey gets a good bonus next week so I'm hoping I can get her to give me a bigger allowance this month lmfao!!

Good luck with that!

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I know right. She will give in eventually I hope. I really hate making her mad when I do it without the ok.

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

You won't be sorry. Truck is unreal, the pull it has is awesome. Can't wait for trans tuning with wrap

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I know right. She will give in eventually I hope. I really hate making her mad when I do it without the ok.
    Just remember sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. LOL plus how cold can the dog house get in Texas?

13. Likes theaaronbush liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LB Heating View Post
    Just remember sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. LOL plus how cold can the dog house get in Texas?
    Yes, you are correct SOMETIMES it's better to ask forgiveness than permission. However, in this case I don't think so, when mama sees that much money fly out for a little screen on the dash and a bunch of metal piping (woman logic, they don't understand).It's gonna be a bad bad day or week or month! What they will probably say is " you could've gone to the hardware store and made this chit yourself". I know I'm handy around the house and know how to wrench on stuff but I can't bend 5" tubing, or mill out pieces to delete an EGR, I don't have the equipment cause it's a hell of a lot more expensive for that than just pay someone else who has already done it!

15. Likes Power247 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast