Thanks Thanks:  35
Likes Likes:  53
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen 2 swap?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Gen 2 swap?

Hello everyone! I need advice. I'm almost ready for a 2nd gen swap for my 2012. Here's what I have: Stage 2 Intake, BD intercooler, BD intake horn, GDP grid heater delete, 4 inch TBE with muffler & 5 inch tail pipe, 95 Fass Fuel plus GDP filter & Big Line kit, and RaceME Pro. I'd rather not have to buy injectors. Truck is a daily driver and 12000# fifth wheel hauler. Here's my questions: (1) Will 425 ARP's be enough? (2) What size turbo is best? (3) Would a S467 or S471 need to be waste gated?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    Hello everyone! I need advice. I'm almost ready for a 2nd gen swap for my 2012. Here's what I have: Stage 2 Intake, BD intercooler, BD intake horn, GDP grid heater delete, 4 inch TBE with muffler & 5 inch tail pipe, 95 Fass Fuel plus GDP filter & Big Line kit, and RaceME Pro. I'd rather not have to buy injectors. Truck is a daily driver and 12000# fifth wheel hauler. Here's my questions: (1) Will 425 ARP's be enough? (2) What size turbo is best? (3) Would a S467 or S471 need to be waste gated?

If you never plan upgrading the injectors and since you haul a good size load, I recommend a small S400 turbo like the S464-465 variety. That will give you great power potential and still have great spool up rate. The ARP 425s will be a plenty for your build.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    If you never plan upgrading the injectors and since you haul a good size load, I recommend a small S400 turbo like the S464-465 variety. That will give you great power potential and still have great spool up rate. The ARP 425s will be a plenty for your build.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Thanks Ray! If I were to do injectors also, would a 467 or 471 spool up quick enough? Check out BD Diesel's new S400 kit for Cummins. Sweet... but pricey. (I can't figure out to paste a link here)

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thanks Ray! If I were to do injectors also, would a 467 or 471 spool up quick enough? Check out BD Diesel's new S400 kit for Cummins. Sweet... but pricey. (I can't figure out to paste a link here)

If you did injectors a 467.7 would do fine. Basically you have to look at turbo size and how they effect the power curve. A small S400 lights quick and produces torque very quickly but will loose steam as you get up in the higher rpms. The bigger S400s will light much slower but have greater top end power. There are guys making 700HP with a 464 with injectors and there are guys running a S480 with stock fuel that have a turd until the engine goes over 2500 rpms. With a daily driver and especially a tow rig, you want that turbo to light quickly and make low end power.

The BD kit is sweet and pricey. Really its geared for more a performance truck. It uses a BD manifold that has a gate port. Gates are not needed on a properly sized single turbo setup unless you are gonna spray nitrous. Compound setups do need a gate.

I have sold a couple of Terence Wilcox's (Black Market Performance) 2nd gen kits. They are what I call entry level kits. They don't have all the bells and whistles but they do the job...and priced competitively. You get a BD manifold with the choice of 464,467.7, 472, or 475 BW turbos.

There are other great vendors on this forum that sell great kits. Check them all out.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I get so excited hearing about a second gen 467.7 kit........

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oneshotkyle View Post
    I get so excited hearing about a second gen 467.7 kit........
    Especially with BBI injectors, right? LOL. I've read your wish list and I must say with dual fuelers, those injectors, and a manual trans...you could go with a 475 and go bonkers!

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

What size injectors would I need to light a 467.7?

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Well that's an open ended question but something in the 100HP over stock range is plenty.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Well since you did ask, I'll throw these at you. We are kinda biased toward these for obvious reasons...

http://www.raceme.eu/index.php?page=product&info=24
    @Franz

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Whew! The price has a definite 'pucker' factor!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast