Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Ram 6.7 Programmer

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Angry 2013 Ram 6.7 Programmer

Anyone running a Juice with Attitude on a 2013 6.7, wondering if anyone having trouble with Regen ?? Any help or advice much appreciated !!! Thanks !!! Anyone know of way to get rid of all the B.S. on these trucks yet ?? Drivin me crazy !!!!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bootwfd View Post
    Anyone running a Juice with Attitude on a 2013 6.7, wondering if anyone having trouble with Regen ?? Any help or advice much appreciated !!! Thanks !!! Anyone know of way to get rid of all the B.S. on these trucks yet ?? Drivin me crazy !!!!
    Flash tuning for a 2013-14 truck is here. Bully Dog has that covered. The issue with these trucks, was unlocking the PCM. To start with, the PCM had to removed and unlocked on a bench...not a option most would take. Finally Bully Dog figured a way to use a special cable ( which is available and affordable) and a laptop to unlock the PCM through a data port under the hood. Once unlocked, any flash tuner can reflash the PCM with other tune. Bully Dog is the only one yet that has box tuning for a 13 up...but not delete tuning. No custom tuning either. But, I think both options are just around the corner.

Products like the edge are just signal altering fooler boxes. They don't actually change the written tune in the PCM. That's good in that they don't leave a footprint of tampering, but the downside is you are not truly tuning all parameters involved with a proper engine tune, much less any trans tuning.

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks for info, may have look into Bully Dog !! I wonder what kinda EGT's they will run, Mine with Edge gets too hot for my liking !!

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bootwfd View Post
    Thanks for info, may have look into Bully Dog !! I wonder what kinda EGT's they will run, Mine with Edge gets too hot for my liking !!
    Egts will be kinda hot as long as the exhaust is bottlenecked by a DPF. No way around that. Proper tuning will minimize the egts. That's where custom tuning would really shine. The 6.7 can take some really high egts, it's the DPF that may self destruct if they stay too high. Only time will tell on just how far you can push a DPF...with deletes having been plenty available in times past, nobody really has pushed them yet.

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

5. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I was looking into the edge also, what all have you seen with it

7. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It is a ECM tuner like EFI LIVE

8. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

ok but i was wondering what you have seen and heard about the edge system
    also i cant find much on the Stryker as for what it can do. Info please and thank you

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

As stated above by @Double R Diesel.... The Edge is not really a tuner but more of a sensor fooler that plugs into the OBD-II port of the truck. Basically it manipulates the readings coming from the engine sensors on the way to the ECM. This tricks the ECM into allowing the engine to make more power.
    This is why Edge warns that using their product will increase the # of Regens... which, by the way is the only real complaint for those who are running them on their '13+ RAMs.

On the plus side, because it doesn't actually write any code to the ECM or suppress the Regen process, it is pretty much untraceable by the dealership if you remove it before taking it in for service.

With delete-capable tuners for the '13+ trucks right around the corner (ok, so 1 place seems to have cracked the code with more to follow I'm sure) you really need to ask yourself what your long term plans are for your truck. The Edge is not cheap and will never do deletes. If deletes are not in the cards but you want more power then the Edge seems to be a good purchase.

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

10. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Guys I just wanted to say a few more words here.

I talk with a lot of people in the diesel tuning scene and even a couple of folks on the product development side as well. All the info and chatter that I received is pointing toward release of hand held and truck mounted flash tuning devices capable of fully tuning the PCMs on the 13 up trucks around Christmas. Yes that means tuning that can make your truck run correctly minus certain items. The PCMs have been cracked for some time now and it was just a matter of time for the folks in the position to develop proper tuning to do so. Legitimate product developers have had stuff in beta testing for a while now. They have been ironing out all the kinks needed to hit the market. I speculate that these companies have been figuring out their marketing strategies as well, as getting them where they are wanted will have to go under the radar in some locations. I also have some hunches of these folks waiting out the political changes that may or not happen here in the US as well, but that is just my opinion, nothing factual.

Here is what I feel is important! DO NOT jump on the first ship to set sail!!! The first delete options , like some available currently, have NOT been fully tested nor have all kinks been worked out! Also the purchase price is high and there are no options for the end user. I applaud these guys for offering something and pushing the envelope, but consumers need to stop and think about what they are doing before making a move. For example...current delete options for the 13 up trucks involve removing the PCM and sending to someone for a bench flash. Well that's all good and it does work effectively but here is a problem. What if a truck owner with this done happens to take their truck to a dealer for any reason and the owner inadvertently lets the dealer do a Chrysler flash tune update on their truck??? Well that nice 50-60K dollar truck with all the emissions stuff disabled or removed becomes a giant paper weight until the PCM can be bench tuned again for the deletes or the owner pays an arm and a leg to have to truck put back to stock.

Bottom line, just hang in there guys. The new trucks will soon have all the same options available that the older trucks have had for the past few years.

Ray

12. Thanks Power247, K-Sons, IGOTACUMMINS, Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes K-Sons, Polaraco liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Well said Ray!!!!!

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast