Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Need some tunes

1. Top Of Page | #1

Need some tunes

Deleted 2008 6.7. All stock except will be getting revmax TCM and valve body. Probably going with Anarchy or PPEI for EFI live or, DRD for an MM3. Is MM3 that much better than EFI live? As in twice the price better? Heard good things about DRD but, he doesn't offer the light package for a 2008. Can't really see paying extra for sound tunes I won't use but, if his other tunes are that much better than everybody else and, the MM3 platform is that much better than EFI live, I guess I'll suck it up and pay for it once instead of paying less for EFI now just to replace it with MM3 in a few months anyway. Kinda new to the whole tuning thing...all my other trucks were P-Pump and VP44. After the turbos, injection pumps, injectors, and machine work, tuning consisted of "pick your Edge box" LOL

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Need some tunes

Quote Originally Posted by captaincaveman View Post
    Deleted 2008 6.7. All stock except will be getting revmax TCM and valve body. Probably going with Anarchy or PPEI for EFI live or, DRD for an MM3. Is MM3 that much better than EFI live? As in twice the price better? Heard good things about DRD but, he doesn't offer the light package for a 2008. Can't really see paying extra for sound tunes I won't use but, if his other tunes are that much better than everybody else and, the MM3 platform is that much better than EFI live, I guess I'll suck it up and pay for it once instead of paying less for EFI now just to replace it with MM3 in a few months anyway. Kinda new to the whole tuning thing...all my other trucks were P-Pump and VP44. After the turbos, injection pumps, injectors, and machine work, tuning consisted of "pick your Edge box" LOL
    Who do you have now? Are you not happy with them/it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Top Of Page | #3

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    Who do you have now? Are you not happy with them/it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    don't have anything now...just got the truck

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Deleted 2008 6.7
    I just assumed.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Top Of Page | #5

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    I just assumed.
    all the emissions stuff fell off before I got it

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Well EFI Live is old technology and doesn't seem to tune the newer trucks very well, but with yours being a 2008 you'd be OK.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

8. Top Of Page | #7

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    Well EFI Live is old technology and doesn't seem to tune the newer trucks very well, but with yours being a 2008 you'd be OK.
    kinda my thoughts but, it there is a huge advantage to MM3 I'll go with it. It just seems to be geared more toward newer trucks and wasn't sure if there would be much of an advantage for an 08...for EFI live...PPEI?, Anarchy? Somebody else?

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

kinda my thoughts but, it there is a huge advantage to MM3 I'll go with it. It just seems to be geared more toward newer trucks and wasn't sure if there would be much of an advantage for an 08...for EFI live...PPEI?, Anarchy? Somebody else?
    It just really depends on what you want to spend and who gives the best customer support and tunes.

"The grass is greener where you water it"