Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: PSI recommendations

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

PSI recommendations

I wanted to get ya'lls input on this.
    I'm currently running 35 PSI in my 35X12.50X22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my 3500 with a 6" lift. Aside from rocking what it says on the side wall, what do you all rock on your 35" tires? I frequent the beach in the carolinas so i had to drop as low as 10PSI so i don't dig my way to china. Curious to see your different opinions.

CJ

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: PSI recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Paidkiller10 View Post
    I wanted to get ya'lls input on this.
    I'm currently running 35 PSI in my 35X12.50X22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my 3500 with a 6" lift. Aside from rocking what it says on the side wall, what do you all rock on your 35" tires? I frequent the beach in the carolinas so i had to drop as low as 10PSI so i don't dig my way to china. Curious to see your different opinions.

CJ
    Now granted mine are 33s. But I would do the same with 35s. I filled them to 55 when it was about 50 degrees out. Seen em go as high as 63 and as low as 47 just due to temperature change. 35 psi is a bit low for that heavy of a truck imo. But if your tires aren't wearing abnormally they must be doing alright.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

3. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    Now granted mine are 33s. But I would do the same with 35s. I filled them to 55 when it was about 50 degrees out. Seen em go as high as 63 and as low as 47 just due to temperature change. 35 psi is a bit low for that heavy of a truck imo. But if your tires aren't wearing abnormally they must be doing alright.
    When i got the Ridge grapplers about a year ago i was running 60 PSI. I noticed the center of the front two tires started to wear more than the outer edges. I spoke to a buddy of mine and he recommended that i drop it 35 PSI after i had rotated the tires. but...... now i see a decrease in fuel mileage haha. i was averaging 14MPG, now i average 12.5 MPG FML LOL.

5. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

When i got the Ridge grapplers about a year ago i was running 60 PSI. I noticed the center of the front two tires started to wear more than the outer edges. I spoke to a buddy of mine and he recommended that i drop it 35 PSI after i had rotated the tires. but...... now i see a decrease in fuel mileage haha. i was averaging 14MPG, now i average 12.5 MPG FML LOL.
    LOL. I would honestly go 45 or 50 and see what that does. Find the happy medium. I'm surprised they ain't munching on the shoulders at 35 psi That's pretty horrible though Unless it's all city driving. But still. I'll get about 500 miles out of a tank in mine. Pre deleting it anyways.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

7. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

LOL. I would honestly go 45 or 50 and see what that does. Find the happy medium. I'm surprised they ain't munching on the shoulders at 35 psi That's pretty horrible though Unless it's all city driving. But still. I'll get about 500 miles out of a tank in mine. Pre deleting it anyways.
    Ok i'll try that and see how it does. As for the tires, they are wearing nice and evenly. I just need to delete!!!! LOL what tune are you running? If i bought the full option package from DRD, to include the 5" TBE exhaust W/O MUFFLER, will i have to delete the EGR and the throttle valve same time? or can i do it at a later time?

9. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Ok i'll try that and see how it does. As for the tires, they are wearing nice and evenly. I just need to delete!!!! LOL what tune are you running? If i bought the full option package from DRD, to include the 5" TBE exhaust W/O MUFFLER, will i have to delete the EGR and the throttle valve same time? or can i do it at a later time?
    You can do it at a later time. Alot of guys just leave the egr and throttle valve on there. The tuning disables it. I just deleted this weekend. And am running mm3 with tunes from t&k performance. I would have liked to go with drd. But I just didnt have the extra money for his tunes. Hopefully it wont bite me in the butt. Anyways my personal preference is to get rid of it all asap. Declutter the engine bay. And on my last truck I had an issue with the throttle valve that really showed on my drive home from getting it tuned. So I prefer to trash all of it. If it isnt there it cant cause issues LOL.

11. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

You can do it at a later time. Alot of guys just leave the egr and throttle valve on there. The tuning disables it. I just deleted this weekend. And am running mm3 with tunes from t&k performance. I would have liked to go with drd. But I just didnt have the extra money for his tunes. Hopefully it wont bite me in the butt. Anyways my personal preference is to get rid of it all asap. Declutter the engine bay. And on my last truck I had an issue with the throttle valve that really showed on my drive home from getting it tuned. So I prefer to trash all of it. If it isnt there it cant cause issues LOL.
    So i found this package from T&K performance. is this the same one you got? seems too good to be true though. If so how do you like it so far?

http://tkperformance.net/shop-by-veh...8-cummins.html

13. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

So i found this package from T&K performance. is this the same one you got? seems too good to be true though. If so how do you like it so far?

http://tkperformance.net/shop-by-veh...8-cummins.html
    So that is what I've got. But i bought all of my stuff used. Except it was all bnib and the dude I bought it all from had got it from t&k. I got the exhaust and deletes for 400 bucks. A used mm3 got 600$ and then the vin unlock and tuning from t&k for 650. I love the tuning and all. The only thing I feel like the throttle valve delete could have been better quality. I'm not tryna talk you into a certain tuner. Everyone is always going to be partial to who they had tune their truck. So if I was you i would just call both and talk to both. And see who you want to order your tuning from. I dont rhink youu could go wrong with either one. As they both have great customer service and tunes. I will say. Even though I went with t&k. I do really like how drd only tunes cummins.

15. Thanks Paidkiller10 thanked for this post
    Likes Paidkiller10, walla2k5 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

So that is what I've got. But i bought all of my stuff used. Except it was all bnib and the dude I bought it all from had got it from t&k. I got the exhaust and deletes for 400 bucks. A used mm3 got 600$ and then the vin unlock and tuning from t&k for 650. I love the tuning and all. The only thing I feel like the throttle valve delete could have been better quality. I'm not tryna talk you into a certain tuner. Everyone is always going to be partial to who they had tune their truck. So if I was you i would just call both and talk to both. And see who you want to order your tuning from. I dont rhink youu could go wrong with either one. As they both have great customer service and tunes. I will say. Even though I went with t&k. I do really like how drd only tunes cummins.
    Never heard of that t&k company looks ok not any cheaper then DRD and with Rays tunes they work and if you have a problem he’s right there for you no matter what time or when I’ve emailed with Ray on Christmas as far as most people on this forum they all use Ray and if you become a LPM member you get a big discount from him

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Never heard of that t&k company looks ok not any cheaper then DRD and with Rays tunes they work and if you have a problem he’s right there for you no matter what time or when I’ve emailed with Ray on Christmas as far as most people on this forum they all use Ray and if you become a LPM member you get a big discount from him
    Good customer service on both sides of the fence. My only reason not going drd was the extra money. And I've got no complaints with t&k. Ray does realllly well with marketing and getting the info out there with youtube.

18. Likes Paidkiller10 liked this post