Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  26
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oil additives

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Oil additives

Well I guess I'll through in my 2 cents worth. With about 20k on my truck I started using 2 stroke in the fuel and except for once in a while, still use it. As I mentioned before, my truck is quiter then running when it's next to another 'round my trucks age. But no increase in mpg's or noticable performance changes. I still use it since I have yet to see any change in my fuel pressures on the stock in tank life pump. Time will tell.

I have used Archoil in my fuel for 'round a year. I will say .. I have not increased mileage nor decrease mileage of any noticable amount to admit. Prior to using Archoil, I have used Power Service and nothing to report .. except that stuff stinks. I decided to use Archoil to see what happens long term and either keep using or use nothing at all.

I have recorded my fuel mpg each tank from day one so I can compare over time.

I have seen an increase on an average of 1.5 mpg when I increased the air in take and put in the 5" exhaust, at the 40k mark. But I did both in the same weekend and don't know it it was both or only one of the changes that did this.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Well I guess I'll through in my 2 cents worth. With about 20k on my truck I started using 2 stroke in the fuel and except for once in a while, still use it. As I mentioned before, my truck is quiter then running when it's next to another 'round my trucks age. But no increase in mpg's or noticable performance changes. I still use it since I have yet to see any change in my fuel pressures on the stock in tank life pump. Time will tell.

I have used Archoil in my fuel for 'round a year. I will say .. I have not increased mileage nor decrease mileage of any noticable amount to admit. Prior to using Archoil, I have used Power Service and nothing to report .. except that stuff stinks. I decided to use Archoil to see what happens long term and either keep using or use nothing at all.

I have recorded my fuel mpg each tank from day one so I can compare over time.

I have seen an increase on an average of 1.5 mpg when I increased the air in take and put in the 5" exhaust, at the 40k mark. But I did both in the same weekend and don't know it it was both or only one of the changes that did this.
    I put my money on the air mod you did. Not much would be gained with the 5" with the power you have and the way you drive. Your driving environment is probably better than mine.
    The Archoil, you should have noticed a better idle and smoother performance. I can't say I got any better MPG. But I don't have the injector problems the 03/04's had with carbon. I also noticed the exhaust odor isn't as pungent. If there is an MPG performance, it's not noticeable. The only thing that seems to have worked good is me beating up @Double R Diesel for leaner tunes. I have noticed this tank has gone longer than usual. I've been driving more lately, but I started his most creation in the middle of this fill too. I have a couple of trips planned so we'll see then. I also increased my tire size by one, which has me at highway speed at 1590. Once I break 1650, the MPG goes into the dumper.

You just keep using the old school so we have something to refer too. LOL

That reminds me. I have to get my can of Kerosene for the winter. But I am running my home grown fuel heaters now so. . . . .

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I went ahead and put an order in for Archoil for oil and fuel cleaner
    I'll run both with fresh oil and a full tank with new filter to see what happens

6. Likes Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

@Polaraco I agree with the air. But one thing that has always been positive with a diesel is .. all the air you can get into it .. and no restriction on what leaves the engine. With all the additives I've tried over the years, I sometimes shake my head because I really don't know if there was any advantage of using them. Yes, I agree that a diesel owner needs to use something to keep the injectors clean. That makes sence.

I just have a hard time accepting all the rest of how all these additives companies brag of how great their produce is over all the others, and that all seem to say they make so much power, mpg's and make your engine last until the 2nd coming of Christ. I'm more into keeping my engine maintained properly and runner her right. She's my daily driver, my workhorse and everything in-between. I drive her like she should be driven and not like a rocket ship or a race car. And as much as I like her, she has a life expensitivity as any other piece of mechanical device, and that is determined by my maintenance schedule and quality of products used in it.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

8. Likes walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    @Polaraco I agree with the air. But one thing that has always been positive with a diesel is .. all the air you can get into it .. and no restriction on what leaves the engine. With all the additives I've tried over the years, I sometimes shake my head because I really don't know if there was any advantage of using them. Yes, I agree that a diesel owner needs to use something to keep the injectors clean. That makes sence.

I just have a hard time accepting all the rest of how all these additives companies brag of how great their produce is over all the others, and that all seem to say they make so much power, mpg's and make your engine last until the 2nd coming of Christ. I'm more into keeping my engine maintained properly and runner her right. She's my daily driver, my workhorse and everything in-between. I drive her like she should be driven and not like a rocket ship or a race car. And as much as I like her, she has a life expensitivity as any other piece of mechanical device, and that is determined by my maintenance schedule and quality of products used in it.
    Going back to what I said, talk is cheap. You and I are at an age when we've had the opportunity to try allot of products. I've seen them come and go. But out of all that BS out there, something was bound to work. So far, this one has done just about everything it said it would.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Likes david3gen, AnOldBiker, sumptonjackson liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    X2 on the Archoil. I am planning on getting some as well for myself.
    Why don’t you think about stocking it and selling it bud ?

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Space and money. Besides I'm already working on a patent item

13. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

I would but i think you have to have a physical store to sell their products. Other wise i definitely would!

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Why don’t you think about stocking it and selling it bud ?

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    I would but i think you have to have a physical store to sell their products. Other wise i definitely would!
    Cool just a thought bro

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

15. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Put the Archoil fuel system cleaner and 9100 in. Going to take a drive in to get lunch and let it run through
    Over the next couple days I should be able to tell if there's much difference with several appointments coming up

16. Thanks FarmerJohn104 thanked for this post
    Likes FarmerJohn104 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast