Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  102
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Dodge RAM - 5.9L Cummins - 153000 Miles

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by david3gen View Post
    Yes but now i need some help from one of our vendors here. Because this is’nt available here in norway.I googled this filter. And they where available for 03-05 cummins and the 6.7 cummins. But for 06-07 only complete with valve cover. I’m i right? I haven’t seen screws like this eitherhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5a7cb2fd2b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...14e54481d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Try Genogarage.com.

https://www.genosgarage.com/category...se-vent-filter

I asked Geno's for help for you.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Thanks david3gen, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Thank you i’m on it

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

4. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Well i did the valve adjustment and cleaned my CCV filter but still the same. I’m going to see if i have some leak around my turbo as @Polaraco suggested when it stops raining outside.
    It might be that i do need to buy a new valve cover but turbo leak first. If i have a turbo leak somewhere is there any obvious signs?

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

5. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

I went over my breathing hoses on the valve cover and also checked if there was a turbo leak. Both hoses on the valvecover where dry and no sign of any damage. Maybe they have gotten a bit plugged over the years. Same with the turbo. I removed my filter hose connected to the turbo and inspected the turbin if there was any slack. Small click when i pulled it sideways but no in and out. I don’t know how much it should be. I just want to be sure before spending a lot of money on a new valve cover. But i will drive it for a few days now and see if there is something that will show

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

There are some things i’m going to do and see how it goes. I’m driving it daily. Hope i dont have to rebuild my head or anything. I will let you know what happends

8. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

I fount some minor sweat on the rear between valvecover and the engine head both sides. Not a leak but sweat. Can this cause my smoking issue?

9. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

UPPDATE
    I cleaned both breather hoses earlier. Now i noticed a small leak around the area i marked on the picture. Does it matter?

11. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Smoke is blue not black.Not that much but enough that i see it in the mirror. It happends when i’m around 2500rpm. I replaced my injectors last year. Fuel pressure is normal. But it became a bit better when i mounted my oem filter and box again. I know that catalysator,fuel and liftpump is from when truck was new. It does’nt smoke all the time. It happens when i stay around that rpm and my truck get resistance not in a straight line when it operates light. Lower rpm and above is normal. No smoke at harder accelration.

I wonder if you are seeing just a normal haze you get from the exhaust when you are running it up. It's hard to call when you can't see it. Honestly? You may be nervous over nothing

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

13. Thanks david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

UPPDATE
    I cleaned both breather hoses earlier. Now i noticed a small leak around the area i marked on the picture. Does it matter?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0fe0f254f9.jpg

Nope. Pay it no mind. Put some RTV on the split. That will just stop any oil vapor from spraying on the engine

15. Thanks david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I wonder if you are seeing just a normal haze you get from the exhaust when you are running it up. It's hard to call when you can't see it. Honestly? You may be nervous over nothing
    Thanks. I have to dig deeper into this because it smokes a lot in my opinion.And always at the same rpm when it get resistance. Maybe it can’t breathe properly?. I will serve it and and poor some engine cleaner in it. If that does’nt help i will pull the head off. This is very strange as nothing seems to be wrong with it other than it smokes blue

17. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast