Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  52
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Truck starts then dies

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Truck starts then dies

BCM did not fix it. I called and started a case with Chrysler last night. I'm giving them one more shot to fix it or I'm going to start the buy back process. Had the truck 2 1/2 months and it's been to the dealer 5 times.

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Just for the process of elimination, maybe buy a new battery for your key fob. I just had to replace mine. Might help. Good luck.

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by downs807;123486When you get down to it,
    Wanting to give an update so if anyone else has this issue there’s info on it. We finally were able to get a stored code with the truck “lost communication with the BCM (body control Module)” dealer has ordered a BCM. Fingers crossed. I’ll post back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are there any modifications on the truck? Sometimes, and a very often problem, is the grounds. The main grounds are located on inside edge of the left fender. There's a few on the right fender. The BCM is located under the the fuse block.

Another spot to explore is the fuse panel itself. 08 and 09's had a reputation of corroding. Dealers liked to replace them at your expense. But pulling the fuse's and putting a tiny coat of vaseline on each fuse, fixes that problem too. My point is, there's a fuse for the BCM, and the functions that run off of it. Who's to say you don't have a funky fuse in the panel. I've seen those fuses break and still look good.

Has any other function in the truck stopped working?

Those key fobs were for anti theft. They're made to do exactly what your truck is doing.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Thanks david3gen, walla2k5 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Truck starts then dies

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Are there any modifications on the truck? Sometimes, and a very often problem, is the grounds. The main grounds are located on inside edge of the left fender. There's a few on the right fender. The BCM is located under the the fuse block.

Another spot to explore is the fuse panel itself. 08 and 09's had a reputation of corroding. Dealers liked to replace them at your expense. But pulling the fuse's and putting a tiny coat of vaseline on each fuse, fixes that problem too. My point is, there's a fuse for the BCM, and the functions that run off of it. Who's to say you don't have a funky fuse in the panel. I've seen those fuses break and still look good.

Has any other function in the truck stopped working?

Those key fobs were for anti theft. They're made to do exactly what your truck is doing.
    Lot of good info in here @Polaraco
    thanks

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

8. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Update. It appears the BCM did fix it. 2 1/2 weeks and it’s not died again. Perhaps the bug that the BCM was sending causing the error was still there since it was the 2nd start after replacing it. I think I’m finally safe.

10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Good deal man. Glad you are up and running again

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

11. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Whaaa whaaa the truck is not fixed. Died on me while in Gulf shores last week. Also i have a loud Humm coming from the rear end above 70mph. Had a tech from the dealership ride with me and he agreed it’s pinion noise. Dealership was supposed to set me up with a rental but failed to do that when i went to drop it off this am so no rental and my jacked up truck is here just hanging out in the driveway.

I called Chrysler back and reopened my case and at this point I’m putting in a request to Lemmon Law the truck. It’s been to the dealer 6 times for the same issue and now new problems. Truck has 8k miles on it. Damn shame but at this point I’m done with this truck.

13. Likes david3gen, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by downs807 View Post
    Whaaa whaaa the truck is not fixed. Died on me while in Gulf shores last week. Also i have a loud Humm coming from the rear end above 70mph. Had a tech from the dealership ride with me and he agreed it’s pinion noise. Dealership was supposed to set me up with a rental but failed to do that when i went to drop it off this am so no rental and my jacked up truck is here just hanging out in the driveway.

I called Chrysler back and reopened my case and at this point I’m putting in a request to Lemmon Law the truck. It’s been to the dealer 6 times for the same issue and now new problems. Truck has 8k miles on it. Damn shame but at this point I’m done with this truck.

Wow, sorry to hear about your troubles. Don't know if the lemon law has changed, but I took a bath back in the mid eighties when my F-250 took a poop on me. Good luck.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Dealer replaced the ignition so I'm in the process to testing it while we wait for a completely new rear end to come in. The pinion was out of spec and they corrected but the noise is still
    there just not as loud. Service manager agreed that at this point the amount of damage the ring and pinion along with the pinion bearing the best way to fix it right is a new assembly

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Well folks the saga is finally over. Just wanted to give a final update.

New ignition has fixed my starting and dying issue. Dealer put a whole new rear end in last week so all is good. So glad to have a working truck.

19. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast