Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  31
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pillar Mounts in Arizona

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Pillar Mounts in Arizona

I thought this would be the best place to post this.

For those of you running a pillar mount for your tuner, how does it stand up to the heat? I'm in Phoenix and if I leave anything in my truck in the summer it usually stops working. I've burned up a few iPods over the years and I didn't leave them in the direct sun. So what do you guys do?

As always thanks in advance.
    Michael

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Pillar Mounts in Arizona

I use to live in the high desert in SoCal.
    Used a windshield screen when I'm out of it and never had an issue.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Thanks MichaelCox, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Same here I use a windshield screen and leave the windows cracked a little. No issues so far.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, MichaelCox thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Same here I use a windshield screen and leave the windows cracked a little. No issues so far.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....
    Thank both of you for the replies, do you guys see 115-120* in the truck? I use a screen but it still seems to have an effect on the electronics. I just didn't want to have to take it in and out and I'd like to have it on the pillar as opposed to in the armrest.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

It was easy to hit 115 + in midsummer for 100 + days in a roll.
    I'm not saying it did not get real warm in the cab in midday. But not hot enough to effect the unit.

Have you thought of tinting the inside windshield ?
    They have some great films that are clear and reduce a heck of a lot of inside heat.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

10. Thanks MichaelCox thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    It was easy to hit 115 + in midsummer for 100 + days in a roll.
    I'm not saying it did not get real warm in the cab in midday. But not hot enough to effect the unit.

Have you thought of tinting the inside windshield ? They have some great films that are clear and reduce a heck of a lot of inside heat.
    That's a great idea! I'll call and schedule that, thanks for bringing it up.

Michael

12. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCox View Post
    Thank both of you for the replies, do you guys see 115-120* in the truck? I use a screen but it still seems to have an effect on the electronics. I just didn't want to have to take it in and out and I'd like to have it on the pillar as opposed to in the armrest.
    Yes I’ve seen temps like that before. I’ve tinted my windows. It helps a lot.

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

14. Thanks MichaelCox thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Here in GA, I got a local guy to install the ceramic window tint. He said it can reduce inside temps up to 40%. Of the three different types of tint, it was the most expensive. He recommended 50% ceramic on the windshield but I thought that would be too dark at night. They do offer it in ceramic clear also. I paid $260 for 20% ceramic with a strip on my windshield. Can not even begin to understand the temps y'all deal with out there. It gets hot here with super high humidity, but nothing like that!

2015 2500 Crew Cab 6.7L Cummins MM3 tuned by DRD, jamo race pipe, 68RFE, 2.5in leveled with 35x12.50x18 Dirt Commander M/T on Moto Metal 920 18x10

16. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Illegal here in NY

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

18. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    Illegal here in NY

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    They now have ceramic tint in clear that really helps cut down the heat without actually tinting the windows.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

20. Thanks TH-64 thanked for this post
    Likes TH-64, walla2k5, watersupply189, david3gen liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast