Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  34
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First time poster - Someone sell me a RaceME and a Premium Membership!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

First time poster - Someone sell me a RaceME and a Premium Membership!

So, I've been doing some research on deleting/tuning. Since it seems folks on another forum have made certain products, "taboo" if you will. I figured I'd come to a place where we can talk about all the options. In the state of Texas a dealer is not allowed to buy/sell a truck that's had the factory emissions systems modified or deleted. Therefore, I'd like to make my job as easy as possible when it comes to returning this truck back to stock when trade in time rolls around. I understand the DEF system has got to go, I'm fine with that.

I noticed with a RaceME you can leave your EGR in place, yet turn it off electronically to where it will no longer function. Is there a "catch" I'm missing somewhere or is this fully true? Also, is there a disadvantage to leaving the EGR in place besides the fact that I think it's ugly as all get out?

What exactly is Warp tuning I keep hearing about? Is that something I need a Premium Membership to figure out?

What can be done to preserve the transmission on these trucks as far as tuning goes? I know that if you play stupid games you win stupid prizes so I don't plan to abuse the truck. I'd like to at least get 100k or so out of mine before any major upgrade/repairs are needed. I am thinking of just running the tow tune. Which if I recall correctly is around 30hp over stock.

I'm fully aware this is stuff that's probably been talked about to no end. I've participate in a few threads like this, so now I'm getting my turn at being the one who asks the dumb questions.

Last but not least. I look forward to gaining knowledge mostly and if I'm lucky maybe imparting some knowledge to others as well. Thanks in advance for your responses.

2. Likes DanO, beans20 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: First time poster - Someone sell me a RaceME and a Premium Membership!

Quote Originally Posted by SB09 View Post

I noticed with a RaceME you can leave your EGR in place, yet turn it off electronically to where it will no longer function. Is there a "catch" I'm missing somewhere or is this fully true? Also, is there a disadvantage to leaving the EGR in place besides the fact that I think it's ugly as all get out?

What exactly is Warp tuning I keep hearing about? Is that something I need a Premium Membership to figure out?

What can be done to preserve the transmission on these trucks as far as tuning goes? I know that if you play stupid games you win stupid prizes so I don't plan to abuse the truck. I'd like to at least get 100k or so out of mine before any major upgrade/repairs are needed. I am thinking of just running the tow tune. Which if I recall correctly is around 30hp over stock.

I'm fully aware this is stuff that's probably been talked about to no end. I've participate in a few threads like this, so now I'm getting my turn at being the one who asks the dumb questions.

Last but not least. I look forward to gaining knowledge mostly and if I'm lucky maybe imparting some knowledge to others as well. Thanks in advance for your responses.
    Welcome! Yes the EGR stuff can just be unplugged and it work perfectly fine, from my understanding actually better than removing it completely. No catch there!

As far as transmission preservation a good Trans tune from the greatest here @Double R Diesel will def help preserve the Trans. But like you said play stupid games win stupid prizes. ( I like that saying BTW)

Warp tuning is the custom tuning platform that tuners use to tune the truck with their tunes versus the universal box tuning, essitially it's no longer a "one size fits all" with the warp. It's specifically for your truck.

If you know you will be getting the custom tuning go through the before mentioned vendor and you will get an ultra already set with a custom tune and Trans tuning.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: Also the only dumb questions here are the ones that aren't asked, everyone here believes that trust me.

4. Thanks SB09, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes SB09, IGOTACUMMINS, TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beans20 View Post
    Welcome! Yes the EGR stuff can just be unplugged and it work perfectly fine, from my understanding actually better than removing it completely. No catch there!

As far as transmission preservation a good Trans tune from the greatest here @Double R Diesel will def help preserve the Trans. But like you said play stupid games win stupid prizes. ( I like that saying BTW)

Warp tuning is the custom tuning platform that tuners use to tune the truck with their tunes versus the universal box tuning, essitially it's no long a "one size fits all" with the warp. It's specifically for your truck.

If you know you will be getting the custom tuning go through the before mentioned vendor and you will get an ultra already set with a custom tune and Trans tuning.

Hope this helps!
    It helps a lot. I appreciate the response.

I have watched some of Double R's videos on YouTube. Didn't really realize they were here. Very nice truck Double R has!

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SB09 View Post
    It helps a lot. I appreciate the response.

I have watched some of Double R's videos on YouTube. Didn't really realize they were here. Very nice truck Double R has!
    Oh yes he is here. He is man with the plan for warp trust me once you get in touch with him you won't want anyone else to deal with for your tuning needs, I guarantee it. He is a really busy man right now though with the current release of warp, he def has his hands ful but I promise he'll take care of you!

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, SB09 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, SB09 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Welcome! If you're interested in RaceMe/Warp tuning you should get a hold of Ray @Double R Diesel

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 CCSB 6.7 Cummins. 3.42 gears. EGR Delete. Flo~Pro 5 inch TBE. ARP 625's. GDP grid delete and S2. 464 BMP Turbo on 2nd Gen Manifold. BD Exhaust Brake. Fass 150G Fuel System. BBI 1.5's. Exergy 10mm Stroker Pump. RevMax 68RFE 700 Series. Dual remote oil filters. Thuren coils. Carli progressive leafs with Thuren Kings 2.5. AMP Steps. Snow Performance Water/Meth Stage 2. BDS Recoil Traction Bars.
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35's on 20 x 10 Fuel Vapors.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, SB09 thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone. I fired off a PM to Ray. Probably asking the same questions he's been asked 100 times before.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

If you hold off a little bit Ray will have the option to sell the ultra with no box tuning. Only his warp. basicly same price but I believe its worth the wait. ask Ray about it when yall talk.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

14. Thanks SB09, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes beans20, SB09, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

@SB09 here is a link about what @TX NIGHT TRAIN and I are talking about. I would wait for this is I were you!

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...0656#post60656

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, SB09 thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beans20 View Post
    @SB09 here is a link about what @TX NIGHT TRAIN and I are talking about. I would wait for this is I were you!

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...0656#post60656
    Oh yea I get it now. I'll be waiting for that for sure.

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, beans20 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

... forget the trucks, I like the fish !

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

20. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, SB09 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast