Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Mild hiccups under light acceleration

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Mild hiccups under light acceleration

Hi there I am new to the forum and I have an issue with my 98.5 Cummins.

Under light exhilaration, it hiccups More so it speeds up without moving the pedal then returns to normal. If I am heavy on the pedal it operates just fine. A coasting speeds its does the opposite it acts like I am off the pedal when I haven’t moved it.

Many help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

Info 24V with 352k
    New fuel filter raptor 150 lift pump and vp44 with 60k on it.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Mild hiccups under light acceleration

Quote Originally Posted by FoursquareT View Post

Under light exhilaration, it hiccups More so it speeds up without moving the pedal then returns to normal. If I am heavy on the pedal it operates just fine. A coasting speeds its does the opposite it acts like I am off the pedal when I haven’t moved it.

Thank you!

Info 24V with 352k
    I had a similar problem on my 02 3500 back in the day. Turned out to be something in the fuel pump. At that point I wanted to put an older style Bosch 7100 pump on. I let a guy talk me into an upgraded vp44 but I never had any more trouble after that. Well- if you don’t count the 3 lift pumps before we did an aftermarket setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Mild hiccups under light acceleration

Quote Originally Posted by FoursquareT View Post

Thank you!

Info 24V with 352k
    Quote Originally Posted by easttxram View Post
    I had a similar problem on my 02 3500 back in the day. Turned out to be something in the fuel pump. At that point I wanted to put an older style Bosch 7100 pump on. I let a guy talk me into an upgraded vp44 but I never had any more trouble after that. Well- if you don’t count the 3 lift pumps before we did an aftermarket setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yeah What he said

We used to have a sponsor who specializes in injectors and pumps. He was the best of the best and still is. I hate to take the money away from our local guys, but Accurate is well connected and this is all he does for a living.

https://www.accuratediesel.com/

I suggest you talk to Tim for the best route. His VP44's are rebuilt by Bosch. Have your production date and VIN handy. Tell him you need injectors for a Hugo. He'll know who sent you. LOL

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC