Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  43
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MM3 Tuned and Dealer Visit

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Tuned and Dealer Visit

Quote Originally Posted by kayakersteve View Post
    Now I'm confused? If you return to stock tune prior to dealer trip wouldn't the dashboard light up like a christmas tree having removed EGR, exhaust, etc? I would think truck would go into limp mode
    Did not see that you were fully deleted. I am EGR-less, so its a simple rewrite. Yes you will likely have a christmas tree. As for limp mode, not sure but likely.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    Did not see that you were fully deleted. I am EGR-less, so its a simple rewrite. Yes, you will likely have a Christmas tree. As for limp mode, not sure but likely.
    UPDATE:
    So, I'm deleted, EGR and complete exhaust which is tuned by Ray at Double R Diesel.

The trip to the dealer was to update some sensor in the airbags. One of the dealer diesel's mechanic at the dealer I took it to helped me delete my truck this weekend. He does work on the side. I drove up, removed the MM3 tuner, and told them to do what they needed to do with the airbag sensor (133K miles, 2014). I told them if they have trouble starting the truck to call me back there and I will re-flash the truck.

They said, oh, you have a tuner on it? Yup, I said. They smiled and said ok.

So, all in all, I got the truck back, they didn't have to flash it for the update, I simply plugged in my tuner like normal and drove away.

Looks like they are "cool" with it. Anyway, this trip was much simpler than I originally thought. I"m glad no one messed with the ECM. The diesel tech that helped me with the delete did the software recall update and said he didn't have to mess with that side of the computer.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Alex

4. Top Of Page | #13

Nice, glad to hear it all worked out! And yea, I'm not deleted (yet), so that's why I was able to go back to stock beforehand.

5. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I’m wondering the Same thing now!!!

7. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

You need to return to stock before a software update or call a tow truck to drive you home.

9. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Just a question...why would you accept any flashes from your dealer on a tuned truck?

Unless it's a critical update, I wouldn't bother with it. Additionally, if it was a critical update, FCA would have sent you a flash drive in the mail to do the flash at home. (I received 2 during the ownership of my 4th gen, just jam em in the USB port and follow the instructions).

Personal opinion, don't waste your time on this. It's going to cause you more of a headache than you likely want.

EDIT: I post jumped. I see you already took care of this. Glad your dealer is cool with the tuning; most are though until you need warranty. In the future, I would probably forego any flashes to the truck only because all it takes is for a value to change somewhere else in the system and you brick the truck.

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I suggest not even messing with flash updates or things of the sort. You already have the best flash from your tuner. I always tell them not to mess with flashes even for warranty work

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Here is my current view: Stay away from the dealer !! Alot of the so called dealer updates are designed to prevent custom tuning IE: locking the boot loader on 13 up trucks. I suggest getting updates through the tuner. MM3 & RaceME have the auto update agent and EFI Live you should contact the tuner for updated tunes. I did the return to stock took a flash when using a Mini Maxx and started having problems after reinstalling H&S software. Since H&S doesnt update their software anymore (not in biz anymore) , I replaced my Mini Maxx (tear) with an MM3.

15. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger6.7 View Post
    Here is my current view: Stay away from the dealer !! Alot of the so called dealer updates are designed to prevent custom tuning IE: locking the boot loader on 13 up trucks. I suggest getting updates through the tuner. MM3 & RaceME have the auto update agent and EFI Live you should contact the tuner for updated tunes. I did the return to stock took a flash when using a Mini Maxx and started having problems after reinstalling H&S software. Since H&S doesnt update their software anymore (not in biz anymore) , I replaced my Mini Maxx (tear) with an MM3.
    ^^This.

So I'll say it again for emphasis.

Do not let the dealership flash your truck.

17. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12