Thanks Thanks:  70
Likes Likes:  70
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: What caused this cylinder wall damage

1. Top Of Page | #111

User Info Menu

Re: What caused this cylinder wall damage

The 1.1 housing would still be a t-6.
    I would just run the box 475 myself. I have never run the 1.1 instead of 1.32 though. The 1.32 lights well around 550 worth of fuel. The other would be better but look at cost. Plus usually people get the bug. If you have the 1.32 you have room to grow to around 725 to 750 maxed out.

It's a really good setup. I have shot myself in the foot a few times on growth but it's an addiction.

I used a spring gate not the factory gate. I like that configuration much more. Something to get when purchasing or building a compound kit. My kit was MPI. So was my next kit. Even included the bent new dip stick tube. Great work. I'm not shure what is sold through the forum sponsors as I am new.

2. Top Of Page | #112

User Info Menu

Oh NO guys i want to crush this thing i think its a Rebuild Time

3. Top Of Page | #113

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dmuney View Post
    Oh NO guys i want to crush this thing i think its a Rebuild Time
    WT. . . .

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #114

User Info Menu

Try St James Auto Parts in Missouri for an engine. He can probably strip it down to what you need. I believe he's a member.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #115

User Info Menu

What cyl was it? Ususally 5 or 6. 5 and 6 suffer from poor cooling. I normally have the machine shop install Cummins part # 3904166 repair sleeve. Have had great luck with them. The other cyls usually still measure almost factory even at 200k miles.

59repairsleeve.jpg

Diesel Master Tech Certified - ICML Machinery Lube Certified

2002 QCLB 2500 5.9 HO NV5600 =
    Ranch truck with CM Flatbed, DPS Exh/Int Manifolds, Boost Elbow
    2018 CCLB 2500 ST 6.7 G56 = Glacier intake manifold & horn, Flo-pro 4" SS, MM3 with DRD 30hp tune, Valair quiet dual disc clutch, Laramie 18's powder coated black and blackout badges

6. Likes walla2k5, Power247 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #116

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wy4x4 View Post
    What cyl was it? Ususally 5 or 6. 5 and 6 suffer from poor cooling. I normally have the machine shop install Cummins part # 3904166 repair sleeve. Have had great luck with them. The other cyls usually still measure almost factory even at 200k miles.

59repairsleeve.jpg
    You should see the problems he's had with the engine. He's had sleeves installed already. Been going on for a year now.

8. Top Of Page | #117

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wy4x4 View Post

59repairsleeve.jpg
    yes its been a roller coaster its been rebuilt twice the first time is when i madt this thread. and the 2nd time was shortly after due to a oil pump failure. now a 3rd time not me i'm going to uy a different engine . previously had #1 sleeved due to ring failure and heavily scratched up cylinder wall machine shop said while boring all cyls they hit a sand pocket in #5 so it was sleved and now #2 needs to get sleved i assume the compression is only 350psi same as when i diagnosed #1 cylinder

9. Top Of Page | #118

User Info Menu

Oh man that's too bad. I have used sleeves on 3 different common rails, I still see the trucks driving around the valley so I assume all is well.

If it was me I think I would find a new machine shop. Like you say, time for a whole new engine.

Diesel Master Tech Certified - ICML Machinery Lube Certified

2002 QCLB 2500 5.9 HO NV5600 =
    Ranch truck with CM Flatbed, DPS Exh/Int Manifolds, Boost Elbow
    2018 CCLB 2500 ST 6.7 G56 = Glacier intake manifold & horn, Flo-pro 4" SS, MM3 with DRD 30hp tune, Valair quiet dual disc clutch, Laramie 18's powder coated black and blackout badges

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112