Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Talk about uh-oh (and shes my only ride)

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: Talk about uh-oh (and shes my only ride)

Quote Originally Posted by Classy-or-nasty View Post
    No sir. I was seeing 27,000, and holy word i just had an epiphany. That number didnt increase even with a third of the throttle.... i think shes reading a bad sensor
    We gotta get that figured out now. That could be the whole problem. The ECU is expecting something else. Unplug the sensor. I'm not sure it's needed to run. It may go into a limp mode, but that's OK. It'll come back out. Make sure the wiring didn't get torn or pinched too.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    We gotta get that figured out now. That could be the whole problem. The ECU is expecting something else. Unplug the sensor. I'm not sure it's needed to run. It may go into a limp mode, but that's OK. It'll come back out. Make sure the wiring didn't get torn or pinched too.
    I fully intend to. Gotta figure out location and what it looks like in this rig. But sadly i wont be able to touch her til tomorrow. Shes at my folks because my apartment complex will pentalize you for working on a vehicle. And the bus dont run that far from where i work. Haha

3. Likes Dwelsh liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    unplugging the sensor will help with diagnostics. if you have, or can borrow a gauge would help as well. do you notice any difference in how it runs compared to before, or compared to another near identical truck at idle? Does anything sound off? A good ear will also tell you a lot. I am leaning towards bad sensor, although that would usually throw a code along the lines of "rail pressure (value returned) greater than expected" but not always. is there any chance any contaminates got into the lines or rail when injectors were changed?

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

5. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Classy-or-nasty View Post
    I fully intend to. Gotta figure out location and what it looks like in this rig. But sadly i wont be able to touch her til tomorrow. Shes at my folks because my apartment complex will pentalize you for working on a vehicle. And the bus dont run that far from where i work. Haha
    F350cummins and I talked about you at supper last night. He was here. I'm leaning towards the same. But you call it when you said you fixed a tube. I'd go over all of them.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    unplugging the sensor will help with diagnostics. if you have, or can borrow a gauge would help as well. do you notice any difference in how it runs compared to before, or compared to another near identical truck at idle? Does anything sound off? A good ear will also tell you a lot. I am leaning towards bad sensor, although that would usually throw a code along the lines of "rail pressure (value returned) greater than expected" but not always. is there any chance any contaminates got into the lines or rail when injectors were changed?
    I kept the area clean as possible. Wasnt windy or dusty either.
    I have a p0148 which is basically that code. Fuel rail pressure deviance from set point. I get out of school at two, im going to go home and try that. If that fails though, im without anither option but to bring her to the shop. Its too hard for me to get over to my parents to work on it in the time i need it finished. (Dont know if i mentioned but i live in apartments where they fine you if you work on your car. So shes at my parents three cities away.

7. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Any updates?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234