Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Talk about uh-oh (and shes my only ride)

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Talk about uh-oh (and shes my only ride)

Some luck

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

I bet it's the crossover tube, that's giving you fits about the fuel pressure, I had a similar experience in mine. I pulled and replaced it, problem solved. For the injector, did you bump it and break the stud or over tighten? If you over tightened, it may have broken the contact in the solenoid.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

4. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    I bet it's the crossover tube, that's giving you fits about the fuel pressure, I had a similar experience in mine. I pulled and replaced it, problem solved. For the injector, did you bump it and break the stud or over tighten? If you over tightened, it may have broken the contact in the solenoid.
    Reckon it was an over tighten. I know i didnt bump the stud, but then again, i was running the nut down by hand when it occured.... i thought of this, but wouldnt the stud be lose if it broke contact?

5. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Classy-or-nasty View Post
    Reckon it was an over tighten. I know i didnt bump the stud, but then again, i was running the nut down by hand when it occured.... i thought of this, but wouldnt the stud be lose if it broke contact?
    Since you weren't using tools to tighten the nut, you might try contacting the manufacturer, for a replacement. I haven't seen an injector after it's been over tightened and broke the contact, so I can't comment if it would be loose or not. I'm sure one of these guys that turn wrenches for a living can answer that. Good luck friend.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

6. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

It was very hard to get to #6 to clean injector bore, also hard to stab #6 without scraping what may have been a still-oily sirface (despit how hard i tried to clean. I did follow service info to a T. Though i didnt have crows feet to get torque spec on banjo nuts going to delivery tubes (which i did replace the delivery tubes.) Reckon my next move is to pull each tube and injector 1 by 1 to check fitment. Unless a route should be taken before.
    ALSO* broke pcv hose right where it goes into the rubber grommet to feed into valve cover. But that just happened and will be replaced tomorrow.
    Well aware how hard they are. Been there. You really don't need to torque everything to spec if you can't. As long as it's sealed and not leaking. I can honestly tell you the lines in my truck aren't torqued. But I did do the cross over tubes.
    @F350Cummins and I saw a 6.7 where one of the tube retainers was cross threaded. It torqued down to spec. But it was only in partially. Lost ril pressure.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Update. New injector came in, swapped and torqued propper. Better idle and fuel pressure. Still mad smoke from exhaust and still dies after being in gear under a slight load.

9. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Update. New injector came in, swapped and torqued propper. Better idle and fuel pressure. Still mad smoke from exhaust and still dies after being in gear under a slight load.
    What's your pressure at idle? Is it running smooth?

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    What's your pressure at idle? Is it running smooth?
    So, my old gage would hover around 7, but i hook a scanner up and it shows 27k psi. That was after the p0148 originally showed. I have not had the opertunity to check that way since, but the gage now shows 7 again instead of sitting under 5. As i give it fuel pressure drops as low as the 4 mark. Once i let off the fuel, the gage wiggs out amd then she stalls dead.
    (UPDATE TUNE IS NOW IN BUT SHE ACTS THE SAME)

11. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

So, my old gage would hover around 7, but i hook a scanner up and it shows 27k psi. That was after the p0148 originally showed. I have not had the opertunity to check that way since, but the gage now shows 7 again instead of sitting under 5. As i give it fuel pressure drops as low as the 4 mark. Once i let off the fuel, the gage wiggs out amd then she stalls dead.
    (UPDATE TUNE IS NOW IN BUT SHE ACTS THE SAME)
    If you are showing only 2700 at idle, it's too low. You still have a leak It should be up around 5 to 6000

12. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    If you are showing only 2700 at idle, it's too low. You still have a leak It should be up around 5 to 6000
    No sir. I was seeing 27,000, and holy word i just had an epiphany. That number didnt increase even with a third of the throttle.... i think shes reading a bad sensor

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast