Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Fuel Rims and Tire Help

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Fuel Rims and Tire Help

I am looking for some assistance with reference to rims and tires.....I need new tires for my 12 Ram 3500 4X4 Laramie CTD as my current (stock sized) Transforce tires as they are starting to show some wear on the outer edges. Currently I am considering some Fuel A/T Grabber tires in 305/55R/20

http://www.fueloffroad.com/gripper-at-t-3108.htm

and Fuel Maverick D538 rims in 20X9

http://www.fueloffroad.com/maverick-d538-w-6081.htm

Here are my questions.....

1. Is there any reason why I should not get this set up that I may not be aware of? Screw up the speedometer, higher trucks slide more etc.
    2. Can I run these over the winter...more concerned about the rims holding up? Half the people I talk to says it's fine and they do it, the other half say absolutely not.
    3. Does any one have any experience with these tires in the snow? I don't want to be stuck with crappy tires over the winter.

Thanks!!!

The only practical use for that pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should not have dropped in the first place!!

2012 Ram 3500 6.7 HO Black QC SB - Full EGR/DPF Delete, 4" Flow Pro Turbo Back - FASS Titanium 150 with sump and fuel heater - Awesome Double R Tune

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Fuel Rims and Tire Help

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    Let's ask @Custom Offsets.
    Thanks for the help!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only practical use for that pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should not have dropped in the first place!!

2012 Ram 3500 6.7 HO Black QC SB - Full EGR/DPF Delete, 4" Flow Pro Turbo Back - FASS Titanium 150 with sump and fuel heater - Awesome Double R Tune

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

As for wheels, they're fine to run in winter, best bet is to keep them clean as much as possible, and or get them ceramic coated!

As for the tires, we haven't had any in house yet to really play with. But they look like the Nitto Ridge Grappler as well as the Toyo RT! With most hybrids they do better then a mud tire, and a bit below an AT tire. For a few $100 more you can scoop a set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers, which we've tested in house a few times through out winter, and have been thoroughly impressed with!

Make sure to like us on Facebook!
    Want a good daily dose of custom trucks? Check our Instagram!
    We sell wheels& tires, lift kits, custom lighting, grills, light bars and more! Right Here!

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thanks for the reply and the advice, I SUPER appreciate it!!!! Unfortunately, I literally know NOTHING about aftermarket tires and wheels as I've always just run the OEM replacements so please forgive me if I come across a little needy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Custom Offsets View Post
    As for wheels, they're fine to run in winter, best bet is to keep them clean as much as possible, and or get them ceramic coated!
    OK, just to clarify, it's fine to run machined and painted rims (Fuel D38 Mavericks) over the Canadian winter as they wont get damaged but what do I gain having them ceramic coated? I assume this is completely different than Plasti-Dipping? Is ceramic coating a permanent thing or a yearly thing that needs to be removed? Is it expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Custom Offsets View Post
    As for the tires, we haven't had any in house yet to really play with. But they look like the Nitto Ridge Grappler as well as the Toyo RT! With most hybrids they do better then a mud tire, and a bit below an AT tire. For a few $100 more you can scoop a set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers, which we've tested in house a few times through out winter, and have been thoroughly impressed with!
    I was under the impression the 33' Fuel All Terrains were considered an A/T tire...am I wrong? Would you recommed the Ridge Grapplers over the Fuel 33' A/T?

Being in Canada, we can have brutal cold (-30 to -40 C) winters with lots of snow and ice. Until now, I've automatically run the Firestone Transforce tires and have found them to be adequate for my needs which is basically city/hwy driving only and towing my 42 foot fifth wheel twice a year to our lake property. Do you know how the Nitto Ridge Grapplers compare to the Transforce tires? Do the Grapplers come with the "mountain snowflake" rating....while I do want the looks, a 4 season tire that performs in the snow is definately important?

Again, thanks for your help, I REALLY appreciate it!!!!!

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gsxrgrizz View Post
    Thanks for the reply and the advice, I SUPER appreciate it!!!! Unfortunately, I literally know NOTHING about aftermarket tires and wheels as I've always just run the OEM replacements so please forgive me if I come across a little needy.....

OK, just to clarify, it's fine to run machined and painted rims (Fuel D38 Mavericks) over the Canadian winter as they wont get damaged but what do I gain having them ceramic coated? I assume this is completely different than Plasti-Dipping? Is ceramic coating a permanent thing or a yearly thing that needs to be removed? Is it expensive?

I was under the impression the 33' Fuel All Terrains were considered an A/T tire...am I wrong? Would you recommed the Ridge Grapplers over the Fuel 33' A/T?

Being in Canada, we can have brutal cold (-30 to -40 C) winters with lots of snow and ice. Until now, I've automatically run the Firestone Transforce tires and have found them to be adequate for my needs which is basically city/hwy driving only and towing my 42 foot fifth wheel twice a year to our lake property. Do you know how the Nitto Ridge Grapplers compare to the Transforce tires? Do the Grapplers come with the "mountain snowflake" rating....while I do want the looks, a 4 season tire that performs in the snow is definately important?

Again, thanks for your help, I REALLY appreciate it!!!!!
    Ceramic coating will protect the wheels from corrosion and paint defects!

the Toyo AT's are all terrain tires. Shoot our sales team an email and they can give you a plethora of knowledge to get you going with some tires! If you're looking for YEAR ROUND with the mountain snowflake rating would be the Toyo Open Country CT's!

Make sure to like us on Facebook!
    Want a good daily dose of custom trucks? Check our Instagram!
    We sell wheels& tires, lift kits, custom lighting, grills, light bars and more! Right Here!

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the help!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Custom Offsets thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Custom Offsets liked this post