Likes Likes:  60
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade Install Question

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Upgrade Install Question

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    Keep us posted bud.
    Will do. I will get a video up in the morning.

The fender well was taken off by me and I was out with the class during install. I even got under the truck and tied up sensors while they were on breaks. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary and no other items under the hood were messed with.

On a side note, located a small oil leak when I installed the MM3. Not even 9k miles on truck. I will post up some stuff in the morning.

Night all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 Laramie Graphite- pretty much stock for now.

Sold- 2010 Ram 2500 SLT- leveled, full delete.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Upgrade Install Question

You can really hear the whistle about 11-13 seconds. It’s coming from the tail pipe not under the hood

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Megacum View Post

You can really hear the whistle about 16-17 seconds. It’s coming from the tail pipe not under the hood

Sounds perfectly normal for a straight pipe. Mine sounds exactly the same.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

6. Thanks Megacum thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Sounds perfectly normal for a straight pipe. Mine sounds exactly the same.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!
    My 2010 sounded like the beginning of the video with a little whistle out of the pipe but this is a super loud whistle. Just trying to figure it out.

Would a muffler reduce the whistle?

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

My 2010 sounded like the beginning of the video with a little whistle out of the pipe but this is a super loud whistle. Just trying to figure it out.

Would a muffler reduce the whistle?

Oh I’m sure a muffler would definitely help. When you had your soot cookers on you didn’t hear it whistle like that did you?

Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

10. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Oh I’m sure a muffler would definitely help. When you had your soot cookers on you didn’t hear it whistle like that did you?

Agreed.

Just comparing my 2010 to this truck. I had a 4” TBE without muffler on both and they sound completely different.

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

You can really hear the whistle about 11-13 seconds. It’s coming from the tail pipe not under the hood

I'm at work so I just saw the Video. I say this is completely normal. I do believe that the VGT in your past truck was different than the current VGT and parameters stock to stock trucks. my 17 with the emission stuff on to me is louder whistle out the tail pipe than a friends 11 stock.
    just wait until its cold and goes to high idle with the EB on.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Megacum, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

I'm at work so I just saw the Video. I say this is completely normal. I do believe that the VGT in your past truck was different than the current VGT and parameters stock to stock trucks. my 17 with the emission stuff on to me is louder whistle out the tail pipe than a friends 11 stock.
    just wait until its cold and goes to high idle with the EB on.
    Thanks for the info. Mine is definitely louder than my stock 2010.

It was in the twenties this morning. I love it when the high idle kicks in. I can smell me exhaust again!

16. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

this Friday I'm just doing the delete pipe but I do plan on changing the direction of the tail pipe. I will cut it and have it pointed down just as it goes over the back axle. this way the loud thing isn't blasting straight at my house in the mornings, as well as pointing to cars next to me.
    the only issue with this would be if you did lots of livestock/animal transports and you had lots of black smoke coming out. I just deal with my Girlfriends short bus goats so i wont be concerned about it.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

18. Likes Megacum, watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

this Friday I'm just doing the delete pipe but I do plan on changing the direction of the tail pipe. I will cut it and have it pointed down just as it goes over the back axle. this way the loud thing isn't blasting straight at my house in the mornings, as well as pointing to cars next to me.
    the only issue with this would be if you did lots of livestock/animal transports and you had lots of black smoke coming out. I just deal with my Girlfriends short bus goats so i wont be concerned about it.
    You ever had an axle dump before? I tried it once, lots of drone and it was so loud in the cab.

20. Likes AK Bob, DIESELWRKS liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast