Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  22
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tire question? Need some help before I drop a grand. Very soon

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Tire question? Need some help before I drop a grand. Very soon

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Just be careful my friend. You can make it fast and powerful, but there are two things I'm extremely picky on.

Tires and brakes.

Tires are normally the only thing between the road and you. And I always trend towards quality.
    Brakes are the only control stopping you have besides a wall or another vehicle .. and I ALWAYS do my own break job.

Just keep this in your mind when buying !
    Yup! Well aware and agree. But Jim, you really need to stop using duct tape on the steering and suspension.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    I don't think that there are two many on this forum is getting away for less then $ 1000.00 for four tires of any kind of name brand or quality tire for that price I mean usually looking from $ 1200 - $ 1500 for a set of four in my experience
    Gotta be retarded retired and have allot of people owe you favors to get away with some of this. But yes, The 75's are less than 900 Cash Mounted and Balanced. I think he was talking Toyo in an all season tread.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Likes lcarrasco liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Gotta be retarded retired and have allot of people owe you favors to get away with some of this. But yes, The 75's are less than 900 Cash Mounted and Balanced. I think he was talking Toyo in an all season tread.
    Awesome tire LOL

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Go with a 305/70/17
    Will give you a little extra height you're looking for just under 34" but not all that much width. Right about 12"

Nitto, Toyo and. Few others will run you between $700-$1100

Auto correct had to fix

7. Likes Power247 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    Go with a 305/70/17
    Will give you a little extra height you're looking for just under 34" but not all that much width. Right about 12"

Nitro, Toyo and. Few others will run you between $700-$1100
    I would love too. But this is a 2 wheel drive The 285's are going to be a tough fit. Nice thought though Thanks
    @F350Cummins and I were looking at it closer tonight. Gonna be difficult. I could go with 2 different sizes, but then I can't rotate them.

9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I would love too. But this is a 2 wheel drive The 285's are going to be a tough fit. Nice thought though Thanks
    @F350Cummins and I were looking at it closer tonight. Gonna be difficult. I could go with 2 different sizes, but then I can't rotate them.
    Squeeze an extra inch under it

I'm running a damn good tire now in a 315
    Falken Wild Peak AT3W

You can get them in a 285/75/17
    They run about $200 each

With your truck you shouldn't have any problems running that size

10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    Squeeze an extra inch under it

I'm running a damn good tire now in a 315
    Falken Wild Peak AT3W

You can get them in a 285/75/17
    They run about $200 each

With your truck you shouldn't have any problems running that size
    Thanks man

I have the room in the rear, same as a 4 X 4. But the front, 2" is a push. I have to be able to make turns. LOL

My other option is 2 sizes

11. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

The 285/70 is approx 32.7. The 285/75 would be 33.8
    Both the same width. On the same rim you shouldn't have any problems with frame or anything else under there up front

There's some other good tires in that size depending on what you're looking for to. Some a little less money some a little more

Cooper, Mickey Thompson to name a couple

12. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I'm still perplexed with this. This is harder than buying a car. The 2WD part is what makes this more difficult.

After looking over the front end and measuring, it's concluded I can't do very much. 285/70's will barely fit in there. So I was thinking. (Dangerous)

What if I run my fronts and just do the 75's on the rear? My fronts are General Grabbers, and seem to be tough tires. They're not 50% worn yet.

What do you think? It's 2" taller, but I'd only be an inch higher in the rear.

13. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

I'm still perplexed with this. This is harder than buying a car. The 2WD part is what makes this more difficult.

After looking over the front end and measuring, it's concluded I can't do very much. 285/70's will barely fit in there. So I was thinking. (Dangerous)

What if I run my fronts and just do the 75's on the rear? My fronts are General Grabbers, and seem to be tough tires. They're not 50% worn yet.

What do you think? It's 2" taller, but I'd only be an inch higher in the rear.
    On a 2wd no issues. I've run a 30" front and 38" rear before. Wasn't used in the road much but did some. Did it for the reason you're talking about to get the gear to hook up for me
    Example look at other modified pulling trucks. Running very low up front and small tires. With the semi rear out back and 36 to 38" tall tractor tires that are 2 foot wide

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast